Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 14:56   #46
Junior Member+

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Hello, i have had the opportunity today to take a look inside both the conservative club and the Former baptist church, accompanies by officials from HM Joint Ventures i have tried to upload some pictures but cant, if anyone wants copies i will be pleased to email them to you
Baxenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2008, 09:47   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxenden View Post
MORE INFORMATION

Hello again, just got of the telephone after speaking with HM Joint Ventures. I can confirm the following:

1. The company has claimed the rights to two derelict buildings on cannon street, these are the conservative club and the baptist church, both of which are in a very very poor state of repair and are being used by squatters.

2. Today is the official start date of the companies venture within these two buildings and to mark it they have accessed both premises and served eviction orders with immediate effect.

3. Both premises have today been reasonably secured and are now being patrolled by independant security firms on a regular basis.

4. Later this year the company aims to begin clearing both sites and repairing windows and doors until both premises are weatherproof and secure.

5. by 2015 the company aims to have procured the exclusive rights to both premises and begin development.

6. There are no plans for the conservative club, however the church has planning permission to be converted into 16 luxury flats or offices.

7. Anybody wishing to inspect the plans or who requires more information can do so by calling into the Accrington Conservative Club site office, down the right hand side of the building when it is set up on the 15th September.
Hi Baxenden.

Quite intrigued by this thread. Surprised the notice does not contain contact details for H.M Joint Ventures. See you have spoken to them. Have you a phone number or address for them?
Cheers Rob
Rob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:00   #48

Quote:
Hello, i have had the opportunity today to take a look inside both the conservative club and the Former baptist church, accompanies by officials from HM Joint Ventures i have tried to upload some pictures but cant, if anyone wants copies i will be pleased to email them to you
I would love to see the pics please, I used to work at the club as a teenager, my Step mum was the stewardess for years and I'm sure she would like to see what it looks like inside now. I will PM you chick

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:06   #49
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob H View Post
Hi Baxenden.

Quite intrigued by this thread. Surprised the notice does not contain contact details for H.M Joint Ventures. See you have spoken to them. Have you a phone number or address for them?
Cheers Rob
Hiya Rob, erm i do have there telephone number somewhere amongst the clutter in my office, im not currently at work however when i go in later today ill find it and post it on here for you.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:57   #50

Quote:
Hiya Rob, erm i do have there telephone number somewhere amongst the clutter in my office, im not currently at work however when i go in later today ill find it and post it on here for you.
Hi Bax,
Cheers for that.
Best rob
Rob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 22:42   #51
Junior Member+

Hello all,... quick question here,... which council department would i contact for information about what HM Joint Ventures are doin at these two derelict sites, who would be the most appropriate person to ask.

Because apparently the council, whilst they should be denying the company the right to possess illegally, have encouraged them to claim the sites whilst turning a blind eye.
Old 08-08-2008, 22:53   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hello all,... quick question here,... which council department would i contact for information about what HM Joint Ventures are doin at these two derelict sites, who would be the most appropriate person to ask.

Because apparently the council, whilst they should be denying the company the right to possess illegally, have encouraged them to claim the sites whilst turning a blind eye.
Well seemingly Cllr. G. Jones heads the Planning Department .. send him a P.M. ... is a member on here. Under G.Jones .. is responsive.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 22:55   #53
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well seemingly Cllr. G. Jones heads the Planning Department .. send him a P.M. ... is a member on here. Under G.Jones .. is responsive.
Thanks Katex, Much appreciated... Its really complicated all this business and no one seems to know exactly whats happening, even the staff that ive spoke to give vague answers.

But im determined to get to the bottom of it!
Old 08-08-2008, 23:07   #54
God Member

I'm still confused by this thread , presumably both buildings are owned by someone , and both buildings have a taxable value (rates/council tax whatever you want to call it ) and these taxes are payable to HBC . So my question is .....if the taxes are being paid , how can the buildings be classed as abondoned ? or , if the taxes are not being paid and money is due , why hasn't HBC put a claim in for a lien to take possesion of the 'abandoned' buildings ?
Another qustion , who (persons or company) was granted planning permission to convert one of the buildings into flats , surely some proof ownership must have been presented during the application ,and HBC must have done a search ino back taxes at this time .
Just curious
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 23:15   #55
Resting in Peace

Planning permission has been granted on Cannon Street Baptist Steeljack, but seemingly turned down on the Conservative Club.

The biggest enigma is the similar idiosyncrasies of the text between of Chelmswood/Baxenden ..

Last edited by katex; 08-08-2008 at 23:22.
Old 08-08-2008, 23:29   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Planning permission has been granted on Cannon Street Baptist Steeljack, but seemingly turned down on the Conservative Club.

The biggest enigma is the similarity between the text of Chelmswood/Baxenden ..
yep , but who was it granted to ? the Baptist Church or a private developer, I've allways understood places of worship dont have to pay property tax but once the place is " decommisioned" that exemption stops and the building just becomes like all other buildings .
If for example the buildings were to 'just' catch on fire who would be responsible for the clean-up , presumably if both building are 'abandoned' they are carrying no insurance , are HBC (local taxpayers) left with footing the bill .
Logic says if that is the case HBC have first dibs on the buildings and to allow them to be taken over by some commercial enterprise for profit is wrong . In fact I would go so far as say its a bit like asset striping or theft from the public purse .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 23:50   #57
Resting in Peace

This is probably the best link Steeljack, but has been discussed before :-

Controversial church flats plan gets OK - News - Accrington Observer

Was up for sale again.

The last owners that were recorded for the Con. Club was City Pace Ltd .. not sure after that, 'cept what Baxenden is telling us .. ?
Old 09-08-2008, 03:23   #58
God Member

Quote:

Seems to me that yourself and Chelmsford appear to be interested in the same sites. Could it be because you may be able to get vacant possession?? Or is that just me being suspicious?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:22   #59
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Seems to me that yourself and Chelmsford appear to be interested in the same sites. Could it be because you may be able to get vacant possession?? Or is that just me being suspicious?
Im not interested in the slightest about putting in any claim or suchlike, i just really want to know what this copany plans to do it and how they have come into possesson of the two premises because someone has obviously given them a key.

Its just a little confusing that no-one from either the council, or the company seems to be aware of exactly what is happening.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45   #60
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Im not interested in the slightest about putting in any claim or suchlike, i just really want to know what this copany plans to do it and how they have come into possesson of the two premises because someone has obviously given them a key.

Its just a little confusing that no-one from either the council, or the company seems to be aware of exactly what is happening.

Why don't you contact the Observer?

I'm sure they could illicit a response from H.B.C., as to why one of Accrington's most famous landmarks appears to be being aquired by stealth from under their very noses.

Sounds newsworthy to me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..