Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2014, 06:34   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

No he just wanders in dangerous buildings by himself
Old 13-11-2014, 07:33   #92
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
lardedars etc is now flats
Are there flats all the way along Willow Street?

I regularly worked at the Con club in a former life and was involved with Lar de Dars and the Berkley, when they were converted and then when they were operating and find it sad that another chunk of my history has disappeared.

The rear steps, the fire damaged ones on the urban explorer site, used to be used to get equipment up to the function rooms and ballroom. Most people never knew they existed but access was much easier that way than the main stone steps at the front.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 08:02   #93
Senior Member+

My mother worked at the Con Club in its heyday. She use to work in the cloakrooms taking coats and giving tickets so you could pick up your coat on the way out.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2014, 09:06   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
Are there flats all the way along Willow Street?

I regularly worked at the Con club in a former life and was involved with Lar de Dars and the Berkley, when they were converted and then when they were operating and find it sad that another chunk of my history has disappeared.

The rear steps, the fire damaged ones on the urban explorer site, used to be used to get equipment up to the function rooms and ballroom. Most people never knew they existed but access was much easier that way than the main stone steps at the front.
The flats are only where lardy's nightclub was,not sure what the old school is nowadays I think they had a fire and its being renovated.

As for the con club,the fire damaged stairs are very hazardous (as is much of the inside due to arson attacks) the ballroom still has its wonderful ceiling but for how long is anyone's guess.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2014, 11:22   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Yes Accy Explorer me and my friend were there at the time and we positioned that basketball in that spot so they could get a photo.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 16-11-2014, 11:38   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Are you sure about what you are saying Sambo. The nightclubs were part of the old SCHOOL, not the church, as far as I am aware.
Yes I am sure Atarah.
Inside the Church where the toilets are there is a doorway that has been blocked up and it has been beaten up with a pick axe (There is a pick axe on the floor next to the doorway) and God knows what other tools.
And right in the middle of this beaten bricked up doorway is a tiny hole that someone managed to make and you can see right through into the empty, eerie, dusty Opium Nightclub.
Unfortunately though the hole is too small for the camera lens to see through so no pictures.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Old 16-11-2014, 11:43   #97

And the stairs havn't been on fire.
They are just very badly water damaged which has caused them to collapse.
There are only 2 signs of fire in this building and only 2 news reports of arson.
One in the cocktail bar downstairs and one on the middle floor between Rory's Bedroom and the rear function room.
Old 16-11-2014, 12:39   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
Yes Accy Explorer me and my friend were there at the time and we positioned that basketball in that spot so they could get a photo.
Nice one,I know a lad who explored both the church and the con club, I think he recorded it too, I'll email him after and see if he's still got the footage.
Did you go up that (dangerous) ladder into the belfry?

-----------------------------

I prefer to not even leave my footprints
Accrington Lad likes this.

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 16-11-2014 at 12:41.
Old 16-11-2014, 13:01   #99

Did I hell as like!
I have got a little bit of intelligence
That bell tower floor is NOT safe.
And yeah I have seen that video of the con club being explored.
I know Churchills like the back of my hand. I used to be good friends with the owner a couple of years back and used to help him board up the windows.
Those were the good ol' days.
cashman, Restless and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 16-11-2014, 14:10   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

More than yer mate accyex in my view.
Old 16-11-2014, 15:29   #101
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
Did I hell as like!
I have got a little bit of intelligence
That bell tower floor is NOT safe.
And yeah I have seen that video of the con club being explored.
I know Churchills like the back of my hand. I used to be good friends with the owner a couple of years back and used to help him board up the windows.
Those were the good ol' days.
The clip you've seen is probably the one I uploaded, I was referring to the one with the police and the baptist church (don't think its been uploaded,but I could be wrong).I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

password--Accyweb
Old 16-11-2014, 15:31   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
More than yer mate accyex in my view.
Your right C, he's more like my wingman

password--Accyweb
Old 17-11-2014, 07:38   #103
Full Member+

Quote:
And right in the middle of this beaten bricked up doorway is a tiny hole that someone managed to make and you can see right through into the empty, eerie, dusty Opium Nightclub.
As I recall, the Church and The Berkley were joined at ground level but I don't remember there being a way through. Having said that, by the time I was involved, a lot of the Berkley's internal construction had been completed and was being plastered and decorated. The area where the join would have been was where the downstairs toilets were, when it was the Berkley but I am not sure if they remained there when they converted downstairs from the living accommodation to the bar.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2014, 08:13   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
As I recall, the Church and The Berkley were joined at ground level but I don't remember there being a way through. Having said that, by the time I was involved, a lot of the Berkley's internal construction had been completed and was being plastered and decorated. The area where the join would have been was where the downstairs toilets were, when it was the Berkley but I am not sure if they remained there when they converted downstairs from the living accommodation to the bar.
Not sure but you can definitely peep into opium from a hole in the church wall.
Old 17-11-2014, 10:01   #105
Senior Member+

I managed to get the video but my wing man doesn't want it uploading so I've had to edit it to show the back part of the church/opium.

here is the link:-

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..