Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2015, 08:34   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Accrington Conservative Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
The barriers they have installed is obviously to stop people driving their cars off the roof. People can just walk past the barriers.
I am sure that we were told that consultations were in progress between the Council and the Arndale to prevent any further suicides - how much consultation is needed to put up weldmesh panels on all the floors. Surely it doesn't take rocket science to solve that although it is apparent that some brain power is required.
I had a look today and it looked pretty secure as far as jumping off goes (especially the top3 levels).However should you be in that mindset you could still jump from level3 or the viaduct.

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2015, 10:51   #122
Senior Member+

But are those padlocks going to stop someone if they wanted to?
Old 11-01-2015, 11:02   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
After watching that I think you need to reassess your opinion of "comedy" :P
Old 11-01-2015, 22:03   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
But are those padlocks going to stop someone if they wanted to?
If someone is in that mindset they'll find a way,them doors are also locked using a standard door lock as well as the padlocks.

Quote:
After watching that I think you need to reassess your opinion of "comedy" :P
I assume you didn't laugh before scrambling to get back to your gaming console

password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 11-01-2015 at 22:05.
Old 11-01-2015, 22:05   #125
Senior Member+

Didn't I say before. Gaming PC.
Old 11-01-2015, 22:51   #126
Senior Member+

Quote:
I assume you didn't laugh before scrambling to get back to your gaming console
I didn't laugh as video though categorised under comedy had no actual comedic content and even if I was playing games I wouldnt have to scramble anywhere, as I was watching on my GAMINGPC. Seldom I touch the console
Old 11-01-2015, 23:03   #127
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I had a look today and it looked pretty secure as far as jumping off goes (especially the top3 levels).However should you be in that mindset you could still jump from level3 or the viaduct.

Attachment 46417

Attachment 46418

Attachment 46419

Attachment 46420
My post which you referred to was posted on 30th November
Old 12-01-2015, 04:16   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
My post which you referred to was posted on 30th November
My comment was just a update Barrie,I wasn't having a go

password--Accyweb
Old 12-01-2015, 04:19   #129
Senior Member+

Quote:
I didn't laugh as video though categorised under comedy had no actual comedic content
I put that down to me not really giving a flying about the clip and not being computer savvy

password--Accyweb
Old 30-01-2016, 05:38   #130

Had a look at the pictures of the Con Club in the Daily Mail, What a crying shame, the council are to blame for this, at least a developer could have turned it into apartments, or a hotel. To late now, gone the way of all the old musicians lately, popping of one or two a week.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 09:12   #131
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its been like that fer years now Al, a crying shame.
Old 30-01-2016, 10:16   #132
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Had a look at the pictures of the Con Club in the Daily Mail, What a crying shame, the council are to blame for this, at least a developer could have turned it into apartments, or a hotel. To late now, gone the way of all the old musicians lately, popping of one or two a week.
How are the Council to blame? They don't own it and they only have certain powers to make the owners do things to it. Yes they can do the works themselves and put a charge on the building in some cases but it's money they would never get back so it's probably not a good use of our Council tax
wadey likes this.
Old 30-01-2016, 14:52   #133
God Member

Quote:
it's probably not a good use of our Council tax
When has that ever bothered them?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 17:09   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Maybe not such a shame ... Apartments? Hotel? Nah, it would have been an even bigger shame if it had been converted into something it was never meant to be. Better that it lives on in the memories of those of us who had great times there ... even tho' many of the memories are confused by alcohol, raging hormones, and the Nosmo Kings thumping away in the background. I'll always remember that place: winning the jackpot, a whole pound!!!!, on the one-armed bandit with my last tanner, looking up from the snooker table and seeing the news report of JFK's assassination ... lotsa neat shiite. It's part of my growing up; and I wouldn't want some asshole of a developer [deleted] around with it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 23:43   #135

Yesterday him and me looked at the photos on the ‘net of the innards of the Con Club and he couldn’t believe the state the building has been allowed to get into. My Accrington bloke was so incensed he said that in his opinion those responsible for allowing this to happen should be jailed and the key thrown away.

Beautiful building , a place that Accrington could boast about having. How can a building be allowed to deteriorate in such a way? It doesn’t happen overnight! An absolute disgrace.

Like for so many other people, that building holds lots of memories for him. He met his first real girlfriend there, and still remembers her! – had his first taste of Double Century Dark Ale at the bar, and spoke about the time his mate Jack Gee – the tailor mentioned in another thread – beat Billy Holden of Burnley F.C. fame at snooker. In those days Accrington Con was THE place to go to for a good night out. Many nights of dancing in the famous ballroom to well-known bands – and probably many more girlfriends…..
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..