Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2010, 09:27   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Accrington Pubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Very unlikely, as he'd be in an excellent mood having sunk a fair few in the Stop & Rest with Jaysay and the lads!
Ya Wyn by 69 I'd graduated to my pipe and slippers mode in the Stop
Old 10-01-2010, 09:37   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Wyn by 69 I'd graduated to my pipe and slippers mode in the Stop
Dunno about pipe and slippers mode, mate - on the occasions when I ventured into the Stop with the old fella, it could get quite lively down the "deep end" with the likes of Jimmy Lord, Bill White, Brian Wiggy, Jimmy Booth etc!
Old 10-01-2010, 16:52   #18
Super Moderator

Typical Thursday night stroll 1976 stylee-

Start off in the Langs Arms, play a few Charlie Rich records on jukebox ("Say, if you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world...")
Down Frederick Street to the Palatine...always a very attractive young lady with short dark hair propping up the bar in here, but the Burnley scarf put me off.
Down to Hyndburn Road, marvel at the wooden chain in the joiners' shop window (how did he make it out of one piece of wood?), into the Union, have a warm by the fire (in winter).
Back up to Blackburn Road and the Globe, have a chinwag with Doreen.
Return to Langs Arm for last orders.
Through the "underground" and up to Leonard's for a fish 'n' chip supper.
Those were the days...when I considered 5 pints just a light mid-week training run!
Old 10-01-2010, 17:31   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Dunno about pipe and slippers mode, mate - on the occasions when I ventured into the Stop with the old fella, it could get quite lively down the "deep end" with the likes of Jimmy Lord, Bill White, Brian Wiggy, Jimmy Booth etc!
Hell those names brought back some memories Wyn, alas Wiggy and Jim Booth are no longer with use, but I still see Wiggy's wife she has the flat opposite me
Old 10-01-2010, 17:44   #20
Super Moderator

Yep, the craic was good in there, wasn't it, Jaysay? Sometimes preferred to go in there with my old feller than go downtown!
Old 10-01-2010, 18:39   #21

Quote:
Typical Thursday night stroll 1976 stylee-

Start off in the Langs Arms, play a few Charlie Rich records on jukebox ("Say, if you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world...")
Down Frederick Street to the Palatine...always a very attractive young lady with short dark hair propping up the bar in here, but the Burnley scarf put me off.
Down to Hyndburn Road, marvel at the wooden chain in the joiners' shop window (how did he make it out of one piece of wood?), into the Union, have a warm by the fire (in winter).
Back up to Blackburn Road and the Globe, have a chinwag with Doreen.
Return to Langs Arm for last orders.
Through the "underground" and up to Leonard's for a fish 'n' chip supper.
Those were the days...when I considered 5 pints just a light mid-week training run!
Leonard's chipy thats class .nowt better than a chippy supper 4 slices of bread. mmm I can taste the pea juice now.
johnenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 18:51   #22

I use,t to go to the foxhill when it was open,but now i won,t drink anymore becuse the med,s iam on,but its fun seeing the other ones going up and down the road that,s had a few beer,s
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 18:58   #23
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnenglish View Post
Leonard's chipy thats class .nowt better than a chippy supper 4 slices of bread. mmm I can taste the pea juice now.
Yeah, it was good having Len's as the local chippy. Others walked for miles just to taste 'em. Not a good part of town for pubs, though. Never really felt comfortable in the Richmond and the Willow Mount was OK, but obviously not a proper pub. That's why I liked to have a little wander to have a drink!
Old 24-01-2010, 14:51   #24

Went in Grants Bar on saturday night. Looks very nice with plenty of people in but the price of the beer was a bit over the top
alsteph is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..