Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 11:07   #1
Junior Member+

Accrington Stanley managers - book research

I am currently nearing extensive research for a forthcoming book about football managers and just wonder if any Accrington Stanley fanatic or historian could help me fill the gaps in the chronology of the club's managers' since the war : Can anyone tell me who took care of team affairs during the following periods :

March 1951 ( when Jimmy Porter left ) until June 1951 ( when Walter Crook was appointed )

March 1953 ( when Walter Crook left ) until June 1953 ( when Walter Galbraith was appointed )

August 1958 ( when Walter Galbraith left ) until October 1958 ( when George Graham was appointed )

I would be extremely grateful for any help and would be pleased to make the necessary acknowledgement in the book. Huge thanks in anticipation !
Cosmic Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2009, 11:18   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Accrington Stanley managers - book research

Try this
Managers

There probably weren't Managers during the spells you quote, I don't think they had caretaker managers in them days. By the way it's George Eastham not George Graham who took over from Walter Galbraith.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:46   #3
Junior Member+

Hi Jeff, thanks for this and my apologies for my error re Eastham / Graham. Do you happen to know who might have taken care of team affairs during the periods mentioned if no caretaker / interim / temporary managers were appointed ? I know that it was not uncommon for club directors to take charge of clubs and wonder if this was the case with Accrington Stanley back then ? Huge thanks so far !
Old 07-08-2009, 12:59   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

memories not what it was, but i seem to think Jimmy Harrower could have been caretaker that period, not a big help soz.
Old 09-08-2009, 16:43   #5
Junior Member+

Thanks for this. Hopefully some out there can solve the mystery of the gaps.
Old 09-08-2009, 20:44   #6
I am Banned

Retlaw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Haworth. T. 12-18. Stanley Players..JPG (62.3 KB, 11 views)
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..