Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 20:30   #1

Post accy'sinCanada

I believe there are a few of us that have joined.......come on, indentify yourself!!!!!!!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2003, 02:48   #2
Junior Member+

Post Re: accy'sinCanada

I am originally from Hapton, not Accrington, but I am living in Canada. As a child I went to the pictures in Accrington (Odean and the Kings Hall)  and I took Tap Dancing there.
I also went through Accrington last year on the way from Edinburgh to Hapton.

Another intersting site for Accrington is WWW.Barahome.com
[smiley=angel.gif]
Old 18-08-2003, 06:02   #3

Hi Grandma Val,
You`ll find a lot of nostalgia on June`s WebSite " Accrington Uncovered" -- it`s on the Link Section of this Forum.

Are you from Vancouver Island by any chance ?
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 11:56   #4

but Val you live where all the scots are!! used to go there quite a lot when Josie had the Rose and Thistle!
Old 20-08-2003, 00:44   #5
Junior Member+

No I am not from Vancouver Island, I haven't been west of Windsor Ontario, I am sorry to say. Maybe one day I will get there.  

Yes, there are a lot of Scots. living in Brampton but also a lot of English, and just about every other nationality too.
I know the Rose & Thistle, you pass by it on the way to Peel Memorial Hospital from Bramalea where I actually live,  but have never been inside.  
Old 20-08-2003, 00:49   #6
Junior Member+

OOps, sorry i forgot to mention, I got this site from a real Accy person. Siddie (Nickname)  is my pal  and lives in Kent, does she qualify for membership?

Our dads were school boys and playmates together in Hapton, but my Dad stayed in Hapton until 1957 when we came to Canada, and her family went living in Accrington frist then later to Kent.  [smiley=cheers.gif]
Old 20-08-2003, 12:50   #7

Not from Accy but from "Snuffy". Now in Eastern Ontario. Used to spend quite a bit of time in Accy though.

Is that close enough?
flashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 00:14   #8
I am Banned

Hi Valerie and all
Valerie says my nickname is Siddie true but I got my password all muddled and couldnt log on so I started all over again under the name of Fur Baby.
So for Siddie read Fur Baby
Fur Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 00:29   #9
Caz
God Member

Hi fur baby, and welcome to the forum by the way!

Noticed you like cats! I'm a cat lover too. how many you got?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 09:05   #10
Senior Member+

So is there a population migration going on now and all Accringtontonians are moving to Canada  :
Old 05-09-2003, 12:23   #11

not really. I just noticed there was a few of us on here that live out here thats all!!!! many Accringtonians that I know that came out here at the same time as I did all returned.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:08   #12
Senior Member+

Good for you littlemo.I will admit it is not easy for a woman to move so far away from the homeland.It is of course a little bit easier when the language is the same.Amanda, the wife, made a good transition here but she was one of the lucky ones.The majority of the women who come over to Germany suffer from homesickness raelly bad at one point or another
Old 06-09-2003, 08:56   #13
Caz
God Member

Oh dear! if I ever emigrate, I'll have to make sure I take a big strong man to look after me then!

[smiley=lol.gif]

Not!

My auntie emigrated to Australia 35 years ago, on her own. Brought her kids up over there on her own. Has done very nicely ever since.

Now retired and travelling round New Zealand on her own in a campervan at the age of 60.

Way to go Auntie Bren!!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 07-09-2003, 10:34   #14
Senior Member+

Not referring to the physical strength at all.A lot of it si  emotional as women like to have their families around them especially their children
Old 07-09-2003, 11:26   #15
Caz
God Member

I wasn't refering to physical strength either!  :

Your attitude to women generally seems to be condescending. Maybe you just don't realise that.

Maybe it's just me getting it wrong though, after all - I am just a woman!

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..