Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2007, 19:34   #1
Passed away 25-11-09

Airport check in

Has anyone used 24 hour check in at Manchester? It's available with MyTravel and I'm flying with them on Tuesday. Can you check in at any time within 24 hours before departure time? I live 10 miles from the airport and don't really want to check in at 4.30 a.m. for my 7.30 flight. I am near enough (only 15 minute drive) to go the previous afternoon and leave my baggage. I've tried phoning to ask but can't get through.

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2007, 19:41   #2
God Member

Re: Airport check in

I've used it, saves you waiting an extra 2 hour in the airport, no tips to give, just sign in then turn up 1 hour before your flight instead of the usual 3

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 20:50   #3

you can check your luggage in the night before you fly..or you can now use the express check in..im flying out on monday morning and intend to use express check in..
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2007, 22:19   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

Thanks, guys, so will I be OK checking in about 4 p.m. the day before? I don't fancy getting up at 3 a.m. on Tuesday, especially with my 7 year old granddaughter who gets grumpy when she's tired (and so do I).

Polly45, how long before departure time do you have to use Express check in? It sounds good but if everyone uses it, it could be quite a queue.
Old 22-07-2007, 01:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Thanks, guys, so will I be OK checking in about 4 p.m. the day before? I don't fancy getting up at 3 a.m. on Tuesday, especially with my 7 year old granddaughter who gets grumpy when she's tired (and so do I).

Polly45, how long before departure time do you have to use Express check in? It sounds good but if everyone uses it, it could be quite a queue.
I believe its the same 3hrs before due to the airport security at the moment..not sure if you are aware that there is no drop offs outside terminal 1..i think taxies etc have to drop off at the short stay car park..and you walk in..im going from T2 and we have been told no drop off outside the terminal..
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 15:51   #6
Give, give, give member

Not really connected to West Ender's question, so appologies...

but has anyone who is a smoker flown from Manchester, since the smoking ban was introduced?

There was a stinky old smoking lounge after check in, which will now be no more, but is there a balcony or outside space in the deparures lounge to smoke?

I can manage for a flight without a cigarette, but don't fancy the two hour plus wait in departures to be nicotine free as well.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 16:19   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Not really connected to West Ender's question, so appologies...

but has anyone who is a smoker flown from Manchester, since the smoking ban was introduced?

There was a stinky old smoking lounge after check in, which will now be no more, but is there a balcony or outside space in the deparures lounge to smoke?

I can manage for a flight without a cigarette, but don't fancy the two hour plus wait in departures to be nicotine free as well.
I believe not now Garinda, someone I know went on hols a couple of week ago and once they'd gone through check in there was no smoking, personally i'd check in then stay outside until it was the last minute to go through.

By the way, thanks for ignoring me in Bargain Booze this afternoon!! lol. I did say hi!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 16:23   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

definately no way to have a fag rindy,its a bitch but we have to tolerate or not go,simple as that.
Old 22-07-2007, 16:31   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
By the way, thanks for ignoring me in Bargain Booze this afternoon!! lol. I did say hi!

Lol, sorry, I was in a world of my own, and looking forward to all the chocolate I'd just bought.

Next time shout 'Oi Rindy!!!', or give me a poke.

Well the no smoking in departures sounds stupid. There must be a windy balcony somewhere for plane spotters to hang out at, that you could smoke on.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 18:18   #10

Just hope you're flight isn't delayed if you're a smoker. Flew from Manchester a couple of weeks ago and there is no where to smoke.
Then again didn't really have time for a ciggie with the extra secuirty. It was a case of quick visit to duty free then on to boots then we had to dash for the plane.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..