Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2013, 17:39   #1
Junior Member+

Allotment waiting lists???

We have been thinking of applying for an allotment with HBC. Our preffered sites are..

Peel Park

Altham Playing Fields
(Livingstone Road)

Cromac (This site doesnt allow poultry but we would like to)

Does anybody know the length of the waiting lists for these sites?, I know the average is around 12 months?

I believe Huncoat have some free at the moment which I was told I could get one straight away but it would be more of a trek for me even though I used to have one up there years ago..

On the application form there is only room for putting two sites down that you prefer so dont want to put a site down and be waiting for years like I believe the Ossy folk have to... Thanks!

Last edited by latheaxe; 28-10-2013 at 17:42. Reason: mistake
latheaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2013, 18:10   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Allotment waiting lists???

There used to be lots of allotments at the back of Meadoway, are they not there now?
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 18:35   #3
Junior Member+

They have just refurbed them but you cant keep Poultry on them....
latheaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2013, 22:18   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by latheaxe View Post
They have just refurbed them but you cant keep Poultry on them....
About time, they were a right mess when I lived up there.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 06:50   #5
Senior Member+

I suggest you contact the Council, just ring the general number and the receptionist should put you through to the allotments number. Just ask the question re length of time, I am sure they will help you. We had to wait about 3 yrs for ours, but, things could have changed.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..