Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2014, 12:49   #16
God Member

Re: An accident waiting to happen

Oh ... and a tanner would get you just about anywhere ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2014, 12:58   #17
God Member

One would think that in a time when the "golden agers" are becoming more numerous, a little sensitivity training for bus drivers would be in order. And maybe the general population should dig deep inside themselves and come up with a little understanding of the fact that the elderly are slowing down only in their bodies. Their minds are most often still as sharp as their tongues.

Come to think of it, I don't like "golden age" ... nothing golden about it ... getting old sucks.
Old 28-09-2014, 13:02   #18
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
One would think that in a time when the "golden agers" are becoming more numerous, a little sensitivity training for bus drivers would be in order. And maybe the general population should dig deep inside themselves and come up with a little understanding of the fact that the elderly are slowing down only in their bodies. Their minds are most often still as sharp as their tongues.

Come to think of it, I don't like "golden age" ... nothing golden about it ... getting old sucks.
It beats the bejasus out of the alternative Eric!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 13:03   #19
Beacon of light

To be fair some of the bus drivers are gems...but only some of them......some are real lemons....except you wouldn't be wanting to make lemonade out of them,
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2014, 13:07   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It beats the bejasus out of the alternative Eric!
Mmmm ... I'll have to think about this one ...

Every morning I check in the mirror to see if I have a red dot above my left eyebrow.
Accyexplorer likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..