Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 16:57   #1
I am Banned

Any bonfires on tonight?

As the title says.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2006, 17:01   #2

Re: Any bonfires on tonight?

I was asking people too.. but apparently not :S Bit stupid if you ask me, all these places having bonfires, other than bonfire night =|
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:01   #3
Senior Member+

Yeah there's one going on a side of us now.
Old 05-11-2006, 17:03   #4
God Member

A couple in my area too.....but I haven't heard of any organised ones.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:19   #5
I am Banned

One going on behind houses in front of me.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:30   #6
Senior Member+

I think most of the organised ones were last night.

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:34   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
I was asking people too.. but apparently not :S Bit stupid if you ask me, all these places having bonfires, other than bonfire night =|
Maybe because those with children can be a bit more leisurely about it Saturday night whereas Sunday night is spent getting organised for back to school and work on Monday.
Old 05-11-2006, 17:39   #8
God Member

theres one just behind ours at mo and i am just waiting for the fence to go up lmao. the bbq has already gone up in flames twice haha
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:39   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
Maybe because those with children can be a bit more leisurely about it Saturday night whereas Sunday night is spent getting organised for back to school and work on Monday.
You'd think at least one of the organisers would spot the potential of being the single organised bonfire on the night though.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:46   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
One going on behind houses in front of me.
Correction 1 in front & 2 are going at the back
Old 05-11-2006, 17:49   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
You'd think at least one of the organisers would spot the potential of being the single organised bonfire on the night though.
Dont think u have kiddies yet do ya most places have done it last night as more families would be inclined to come & stay longer without rushing off to put kiddies to bed, uniforms done baths etc ready for the morning therefore they'd make a but more [business sence ok not on the day sence]

Mind u most people are doing there own on the night it seems - going strong up here anyways lol
Old 05-11-2006, 17:55   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
I know of at least two organised displays tonight, but was a bit late in the day to say where they were.
Old 05-11-2006, 18:53   #13
God Member

With the amount offireworks going off around me I can be with some regret be certain ther is going to be injuries. The only properly orginised one up here is Cally Park were there is a tightly monitered one on. Most were last night as they want the kids in bed ready for school tomorrow, yet because of the din most wont sleep.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 19:24   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
With the amount offireworks going off around me I can be with some regret be certain ther is going to be injuries. The only properly orginised one up here is Cally Park were there is a tightly monitered one on. Most were last night as they want the kids in bed ready for school tomorrow, yet because of the din most wont sleep.
Very true no let up here makes me wonder how many pounds have gone up in smoke over the past 2 nights
Old 05-11-2006, 20:40   #15

Are there still about 4 or 5 bonfires in back streets over the Accrington way with people burning their rubbish and no one around? It was terrible a few years ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..