Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2006, 23:32   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Any Dialect Speakers Up To The Challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
well i can assure the hatter that it wasnt me who gave bad karma and roy will confirm that if you so wish ....i would have the balls to leave my sig.....BR.....ask less n rindy .............it just didnt make sense to me as if never heard of that ......
I'm happy to confirm, that like a naughty cat, Blackburn Raver always leaves his mark.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2006, 23:42   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
cant all women
Are they all cockney?
Phylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 00:31   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylum
Are they all cockney?
no but they all do cockney....at least tinks got my joke thanks btw tinks....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2006, 00:48   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I'm happy to confirm, that like a naughty cat, Blackburn Raver always leaves his mark.
rather be a dog

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!

Last edited by BLACKBURN RAVER; 15-02-2006 at 00:54.
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 10:31   #20

What's going on in here. I thought Madhatter was just giving an example of what he has come across with Lanky dialect. Oh well. Perhaps people should read some posts a few times over to make sure they have the gist of the meaning or perhaps they are just being mischevous either way I really don't care. As far as Karma is concerned it's just a bloody childish fad. Certainly not for mature adults.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 11:16   #21

However, since I'm childish and not mature, I don't mind getting some occasionly
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 16:52   #22
Resident Waffler

I don't mind getting some either Terry.

I knew what Madhatter meant but I've only just read this thread. It's something Busman ntoced when he came up here because it was new to him. He's been practising doing it ever since so whenever I say something to him like "I haven't bought any fruit." He'll say "Have you not?" It never dawned on me before how funny it must sound to other people because of course the answer is "No, I haven't." because if I had then I wouldn't have told you that I haven't.

We do the same thing with a positive statement too though don't we? He might say. "I saw Em in town." and I'll say "Did you?" and of course he did because he just told me he did! I never realised that it was just a northern thing until he noticed that we do it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..