Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 14:05   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Any other Graduates out there?

I remember the university graduate we got in our office who wasn't the slightest bit of use but got paid more than the rest of us because he was 'qualified'. You can imagine how well that went down, especially when we had to teach him.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2007, 16:55   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I remember the university graduate we got in our office who wasn't the slightest bit of use but got paid more than the rest of us because he was 'qualified'. You can imagine how well that went down, especially when we had to teach him.
Was he called entwisi? Oh, no, of course not, he dropped out! (perhaps it's time to change a signature?).

O.K. I'll go change mine to make it similar to my ego!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 00:25   #18
God Member

B.Ed., BA (Hons, magnibus cum honoribus) from U of Saskatchewan, MA, Queens' University at Kingston, .... and I still can't figure out how to tie my shoes when I'm hungover.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 00:59   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
B.Ed., BA (Hons, magnibus cum honoribus) from U of Saskatchewan, MA, Queens' University at Kingston, .... and I still can't figure out how to tie my shoes when I'm hungover.
Any Kalifornian capable of spelling Saskatchewan automatically gets a degree
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11   #20
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The Yanks just congratulate themselves at every opportunity because nobody else does
Thanks so much Margaret for turning my little bit of father's pride into an Anti-American statement. I believe, at least in this case, you could have kept your comment to yourself, smiley face or naught!

However, I guess you are pretty accurate. It does seem that "the Yanks" have done absolutely nothing for humanity in her useless 400 years. Oh except the frequent raping,pillaging, disembowling, murder of millions, saviour of none, etc.. All this with not one admirable instance or quality.

It is quite obvious that all humanity would have been much better without her. Heck then I could have been working in a lovely cotton mill in Yorkshire or a mine in Lancashire. Hmmm, but what language would I be speaking?

Hugs, Kisses, and have a bloody nice day!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:58   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
However, I guess you are pretty accurate. It does seem that "the Yanks" have done absolutely nothing for humanity in her useless 400 years. Oh except the frequent raping,pillaging, disembowling, murder of millions, saviour of none, etc.. All this with not one admirable instance or quality.
And what about the way you've persecuted the latins, eh? Just a joke, Brian, lad, calm down, calm down!

Congratulations to your daughter and son. I'm sure you must be a very proud dad!
Old 11-06-2007, 19:37   #22
Senior Member+

What's the time zone difference between the US and Accrington? Cotton Mills and Mines? Looks like the time difference is at least a century or more.

Silly over-reaction.
Old 11-06-2007, 21:08   #23
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
What's the time zone difference between the US and Accrington? Cotton Mills and Mines? Looks like the time difference is at least a century or more.

Silly over-reaction.
So, Tin Monkey, you give me my very first negative comma for merely addressing the unnecessary but continual Yankee slam from some Accy members! This was only meant as a positive day in the life of us over here. I guess sharing such things are no longer as welcomed as in the past. Shame!

And this from the biggest whinger the Accy trivia game has ever had. Seems extremely ironic coming from you!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 21:29   #24
Super Moderator

The question we must ask ourselves is this - is a negative comma better than a positive fullstop?
Old 11-06-2007, 22:02   #25
God Member

I appear to have opened a can of worms.
I do not dislike all US citizens. I have friends who live there (quite happily).
What I find odd is the tendency for some to take any criticism as an affront to their national dignity.
When any member has a tendency to boast about national and family achievments it is inate in our British personality to 'bring them down a peg'. We are unaccustomed to self praise and it is embarrassing when witnessed.
If my remark has spoilt your joy at your family achievements, I regret it, but it makes me wonder why you chose to broadcast your good news in the 1st place. Graduation is nothing really special.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 22:15   #26
Give, give, give member

Bloody hell, can't someone share a bit of their happy news on the forum anymore?

If Margaret and the Tin Man, (he without the heart in the Wizard of Oz), had been here a little bit longer, they would have seen people sharing all kinds of sorrows and joys on this forum. From births and deaths, to more serious personal traumas such as abusive relationships, as well as the fun, nice things that happen in our lives from time to time. We've shared them all, laughed and cried.

Jesus, someone will soon be complaining about threads wishing people happy birthday, because it's seen as being just too happy, and congratulatory

Rant over.

Carry on..

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 22:22   #27
God Member

If every member posted about their offspring passing A levels there would be little else to read.
Call me a miserable git if you wish (I dont mind that from you, darling )

Old 11-06-2007, 22:25   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If every member posted about their offspring passing A levels there would be little else to read.
Miserable git!!!

Just wait until examination results time on here, you'll love it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 22:27   #29
God Member

Quote:
Well get used to it Margaret cos if you look through the archives you will see that many a member posts regarding something their child has done... I know I will want to share with my accyweb mates on here when my son gets his GCSE results..or someone elses child gets into uni...how about the thread when two accyweb members announced they were moving in together or rather they were outed by garinda

Also all the births we've had announced...as for Brian he has been sharing his every day life with us for quite a while...be it his daughters graduation or the squirrel that visits regularly to what the weathers doing and I for one hope he carries on.

right said my bit back to my damn 1500 word essay I need to complete to get my qualification in counselling...oops

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 23:34   #30
God Member

I confess----I'm a miserable git
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rth0308l.jpg (18.0 KB, 12 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..