Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 09:59   #1
Resting in Peace

Anybody else have a problem

There's me, fast asleep at 1am this morning when I was suddenly wakened, I sat up wondering what it was. I'm on the emergency call system and the red button was flashing, then a voice said "warning, your telephone is not connected" this went on for close on an hour, the same warning being blurted out every 20 seconds, (I timed it) I pressed the call button and the voice help has been called for. As I said after around an hour the voice stopped and the sound of a number on speed dial, being dialed, this happened about 3 times, then a voice said hello Mr Farrar are you okay, I told the guy the story and he just said, well you coming through load and clear know. He reset the system the light stopped flashing law and behold I had a dialing tone again This happen to any off you night hawks who were on line, there are 4 other accy webbers on my estate MargaretR and Mez not sure if the emergency call service is relevant to them, but I know mallard is, wonder if he was effected, interested to here from anybody this effected
Old 09-12-2010, 10:03   #2
God Member

Re: Anybody else have a problem

I don't have that emergency connection - I think it is automatically installed in ground floor flats, but only in upper flats on request.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:10   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I don't have that emergency connection - I think it is automatically installed in ground floor flats, but only in upper flats on request.
It has changed now Margaret, it used to be just ground floor flats, but its changed to the needs of the person now either first floor or ground floor doesn't matter, this came about because an elderly gentleman was led on his bathroom floor for 2 days before he was found
Old 09-12-2010, 10:15   #4
God Member

My good neighbour watches for my curtains opening - If I have a late lie in he knocks on my door to make sure I'm alive. He also carries my blue box down the stairs and puts my grey bin out. (Wonderful isn't he)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:57   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
My good neighbour watches for my curtains opening - If I have a late lie in he knocks on my door to make sure I'm alive. He also carries my blue box down the stairs and puts my grey bin out. (Wonderful isn't he)
See Margaret you can't do without us men really can you, but seriously it maybe an idea to inquire about the service Margaret, you actually never know whats around the corner
Old 09-12-2010, 11:37   #6
mez
God Member

morning both, now i've not had that problem jay, but they do say i sleep very very soundley & i havn't got a phone in the bedroom, but as far as i can tell no it didn't happen to me,.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..