Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2012, 01:43   #1
Junior Member+

anybody know of any good landlord for flats

hi all
im due to be moving to accrington in a few weeks to be near my kids so im after a 2bed flat in or around town so i was wondering if any of you good people would happen to know of any good landlords by any chance .. ive been looking in papershop windows and local papers but i cant find alot really .. ive looked online but there all for the local estate agents . i was thinking of going thought rent the house (anyone know what there like) and getting a flat above the calder pub but thought maybe the music might be too loud for when ive got my kids over at weekend . i would rather go thought a private landlord to save on fee's

so if anyone can help with some info for me i would be very grateful

thanks for reading
carlos76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2012, 05:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: anybody know of any good landlord for flats

I wouldn't go for the flat above the calder. They are nice(I had a look with a friend) But. When we was taken around for a look the door to the back was busted. That leads to a stairway and a storage space(with electric meter) stairs lead up to the top floor where there are two doors to two flats. It is very isolated and if you have dodgy unsavory neighbors it wouldn't be a good thing.

The guy showing us around was from rent the house. He told us "the guy is going to fix that back door soon" when we left my friend told me that 6-8 months previous this guy he knew took him to where "he was living" he was homeless, he took him to that place and said he was sleeping inside the storage cupboard. My friend tried to help him out and let him stay with him for a while.

Seems if the landlord is willing to leave it broken for so long then he wont be willing to fix things in a hurry. The rent isn't cheap either. Can get a house for cheaper rent if you look around.
Old 22-10-2012, 13:39   #3
Junior Member+

thanks for getting back to me mate ... i dont like the sound of that busted back doors and homeless people sleeping in there .. dont dont like there get look after much ... yeah funny that how houses are cheaper then the flats
Old 22-10-2012, 18:27   #4
Senior Member+

Also going there late at night you have to walk in dark alleys at back of buildings... very enclosed. Don't know about lighting. Not ideal really... There is a flat to rent somewhere around water street i think
Old 23-10-2012, 12:21   #5
Junior Member+

ok thanks again restless think i will forget about them flats then .. wont be no good wen ive got the kids with that dark alley .. i will look into water st .. cheers
Old 23-10-2012, 15:04   #6
Senior Member+

Try Absav on Whalley Road Tel 07713702370
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 08:41   #7

I think my mate still has a house for rent in Accrington (it might be Oswaldtwistle though). We're at the pub tonight, I'll get the details & PM you.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 11:47   #8
I am Banned

I have a house on Atlas Street, Clayton le Moors coming vacant in a week or so.
Private message me if you want details or to view.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 11:52   #9
Junior Member+

thanks to Studio25 maxthecollie and DtheP47 for the replys im only looking for a flat oh maxthecollie i will gave him a ring cheers

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..