Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 19:21   #1
I am Banned

Anybody lost a Dog?

If so Please pm me I may have it.
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2009, 19:23   #2
God Member

Re: Anybody lost a Dog?

Take it to the vets or the RSPCA at Altham and get it scanned to see if it has been micro-chipped.
We found one (well it found us) not long ago, it had been Micro-chipped and we had it back with its owner within a few hour

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 19:35   #3
I am Banned

I don't drive so taking it anywhere is a problem- I have rung all the authorities and left my details, and a description of the dog- my neighbour is looking after it as I already have two dogs. So I have fullfilled my moral duty and it is safe.

Whether it is chipped or not is not my concern- If my dog was missing I would have realized and I would be ringing everybody I could to see if the dog had been found.
As the finder of the dog- I do not feel it is entirely up to me to find out where it lives.
Plus in these times of ressesion - perhaps it has been turfed out- although i do doubt it - it is very well cared for but if the owner has purposefully lost it then they wont ring anybody to see if it has been found
Old 08-01-2009, 19:37   #4
God Member

Know what you mean - the one we found they "had been worried sick since it got out" yet they hadn't contacted the police or the RSPCA

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 19:42   #5
I am Banned

Oh I glad you didnt think I was being bolshy - but you would ring everyone wouldnt you ?
Bless it's an adorable one aswell. Such a shame - I have done what I can and if not claimed my neighbour is prepared to give it a permanent home ( although I have explained she will have to have it scanned just incase for legal reasons) and it is 28 days of waiting or something like that

but if anybody hears anything and it is genuine you know what to do xx

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..