Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Eric
  • 1 Post By DtheP47

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 18:18   #1
God Member

Anyone else noticed ...

... or is it just me, or I for that matter, that when prominent folks admit to having used "drugs" (I guess this don't include alcohol and prescribed stuff) they usually admit to using it for only short periods, or for good reasons? As if wanting to get a good buzz on wasn't reason enough Maybe it all started with Clinton ... remember the guy: "I never had sex with that woman; it was just a bj."He admitted to smoking pot once ... and he didn't inhale ... so what was the point of doing it, asshole? Maybe he meant, "but I didn't exhale." And now there is Nigella Lawson ... never heard of her; but I guess she's famous ... c'mon hon, give us a break. You are under oath ...

Nigella Lawson: I have used cocaine and smoked the odd joint | UK news | theguardian.com

Thing bugging me is that the rich and famous won't fess up to what we all know they do with all that cash they undeservedly earn ... (what probably bothers them is that if they do, they will lose money: their bs shows will be cancelled, or Nike will no longer want their smiling faces on tv ads) ... or when they do admit drug use, it's just before they go into to some high-end rehab establishment, or when they are saved by JEEEEZUS ... yanks, in particular, go for that one.

I really don't give a flying you-know-what what they do in their private lives ... unless they are closet serial killers or have sex with small furry creatures from Alpha Centuri. It shouldn't be "news".

Here endeth my rant of the day ... now, if you will turn to hymn number 68 ...........
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-12-2013, 20:00   #2
I am Banned

Re: Anyone else noticed ...

Gotta hand it to Conrad Black though Eric jumping to the defence of your crack smoking hard drinking Toronto mayor Rob Ford. Quoting from Hugh Muir's Guardian column. Conrad says "Leave off, Ford's the most famous Canadian in the world and a refreshing change from the general impression of Canadians as monochromatic aspirant Dudley Do-Rights.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 20:04   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Gotta hand it to Conrad Black though Eric jumping to the defence of your crack smoking hard drinking Toronto mayor Rob Ford. Quoting from Hugh Muir's Guardian column. Conrad says "Leave off, Ford's the most famous Canadian in the world and a refreshing change from the general impression of Canadians as monochromatic aspirant Dudley Do-Rights.
We are going to get rid of Rob ... rumor has it that he will be the next Canadian Ambassador to the Court of St. James Maybe he will hang out with Boris
Old 04-12-2013, 20:14   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We are going to get rid of Rob ... rumor has it that he will be the next Canadian Ambassador to the Court of St. James Maybe he will hang out with Boris
Just remember the plays of the Great Bard and the Fools and Court Jesters... they generally were cleverer than most.
Old 04-12-2013, 20:46   #5
God Member

Quote:
Just remember the plays of the Great Bard and the Fools and Court Jesters... they generally were cleverer than most.
"That of course, is the great secret of the successful fool - that he is no fool at all." Isaac Asimov.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 04-12-2013, 22:49   #6
I am Banned

Him as well Eric.
Now I thought I had a big word bucket but how's about this then?
A Toronto Star columist, if I may quote (ish), puts Black's advocacy down to the fact that both are oversized rich men's sons who never grew up, textbook example of morbid narcissism, necrotic selfishness and terminal arrogance, incapable of basic human empathy and ones who consequently see themselves as victims of vast though entirely illusory conspiracies. And as Muir says "Of course Ford's crack-taking doesn't help.

Now I'm gonna save them big words for the next time the geese and peacocks come out to play at the bottom of Less's street.
Eric likes this.

Last edited by DtheP47; 04-12-2013 at 22:51.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:05   #7
God Member

Quote:
Him as well Eric.
Now I thought I had a big word bucket but how's about this then?
A Toronto Star columist, if I may quote (ish), puts Black's advocacy down to the fact that both are oversized rich men's sons who never grew up, textbook example of morbid narcissism, necrotic selfishness and terminal arrogance, incapable of basic human empathy and ones who consequently see themselves as victims of vast though entirely illusory conspiracies. And as Muir says "Of course Ford's crack-taking doesn't help.

Now I'm gonna save them big words for the next time the geese and peacocks come out to play at the bottom of Less's street.
The Rob Ford story just got worse ... or better, if, like me, you like to see over-privileged, over-weight, overbearing, loud-mouthed, drunken, lying, wife-beating assholes get what they deserve.
Rob Ford offered to buy crack video, surveillance reports suggest - Toronto - CBC News
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
The Rob Ford story just got worse ... or better, if, like me, you like to see over-privileged, over-weight, overbearing, loud-mouthed, drunken, lying, wife-beating assholes get what they deserve.
Rob Ford offered to buy crack video, surveillance reports suggest - Toronto - CBC News
Yeah.....Mr Siad, the owner of the video, was not happy with the offer of $5,000 and a car. On the wiretap telling another member of the Dixon City Bloods that he was going to see Ford hold out for $100,000 to $150,000.
They all deserve each other !!!
Old 05-12-2013, 13:47   #9
God Member

Quote:
Yeah.....Mr Siad, the owner of the video, was not happy with the offer of $5,000 and a car. On the wiretap telling another member of the Dixon City Bloods that he was going to see Ford hold out for $100,000 to $150,000.
They all deserve each other !!!
Indeed they do ... one can see why Baron Black of Crossharbour is proud of him.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..