Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2007, 15:35   #1
Senior Member+

Anyone know of any ghostly happenings locally?

Hi, anyone know of any "spooky" stories concerning houses in Accrington, in particular anyone know of any stories regarding a house on Queens Road in Accrington?

Atarah
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2007, 16:42   #2
God Member

Re: Anyone know of any ghostly happenings locally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Hi, anyone know of any "spooky" stories concerning houses in Accrington, in particular anyone know of any stories regarding a house on Queens Road in Accrington?

Atarah
Do you mean Queens way?? I think it is across from the schools??

I have heard stories about that house!! supposed to be very haunted!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 16:57   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think there was an article in one of the local papers a while ago about the house on "Queensway"
Old 14-08-2007, 17:02   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
think there was an article in one of the local papers a while ago about the house on "Queensway"
This One
Accrington Observer - Spooky tales of a haunted Hyndburn
Old 14-08-2007, 17:12   #5
God Member

All these spooky local sites never mention the ghost in The Stag.
-----there is one-----perhaps Staggers or Mands will tell us of 'happenings'.
I could tell you of one which happened to a close friend who lived there at one time, but will leave it to him to relate if he wants to.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 17:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
All these spooky local sites never mention the ghost in The Stag.
-----there is one-----perhaps Staggers or Mands will tell us of 'happenings'.
I could tell you of one which happened to a close friend who lived there at one time, but will leave it to him to relate if he wants to.
Come on Margaret don't leave us in suspense!
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 18:08   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
Come on Margaret don't leave us in suspense!
I have just had a video call with my friend who has said I can tell you what happened.

It was during the time when Don Robinson and Liz were landlords. It was teatime and there were just my friend and one other regular in the pub. Don and Liz were upstairs having their tea and trusted the 2 regulars not to pull a pint without paying.
On the bar was a large charity collection bottle for the pensioners xmas trip. Both regulars were about 5ft away, bar leaning near the hatch when the chain which was wrapped round the bottle 'unwrapped itself'.
(Now dont you go saying that this was an excuse to get to the contents because it wasnt.)
I have known 4 sets of licencees at The Stag and all have related spooky happenings to me - such as doors opening and closing and lights going on and off. noise of footsteps and such like.
When I was regular there myself, there were times when I thought it was 'mind talking' to me to say whether he/she/it liked or disliked the landlord.
It always seemed more active for a landlord it didnt like.

ask Staggers to tell you about the special mug which appeared for him because he wanted it

Last edited by MargaretR; 14-08-2007 at 18:17. Reason: PS ask Staggers to tell you about the special mug
Old 15-08-2007, 06:36   #8
Senior Member+

Thanks for all these lovely stories, but I am thinking more Queens Road, the stretch from approx the hospital end towards Penny House Lane.

Atarah
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 06:46   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post
Thanks for all these lovely stories, but I am thinking more Queens Road, the stretch from approx the hospital end towards Penny House Lane.

Atarah
I recall that the property in the stretch of road you mention is mainly less than 80 yrs old - so hauntings are less likely than in older parts of town.
Do you have a reason for requesting spooky info from that area in particular?

Old 19-08-2007, 21:16   #10
God Member

Depends what you mean by locally. I have a ghost in my home; I guess that's local for me. But I do remember some spooky nights walking home thro' Mercer Park, in the trees just before the swings, especially on foggy nights. I remember walking my grandad's dog there, and on some nights old Flash would really freak out ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 21:17   #11
God Member

And me too ....
Old 20-08-2007, 19:33   #12
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

oohh i love to go to a haunted house!!
spend the night and S**t myself..
Old 20-08-2007, 20:47   #13
God Member

yeah its true about that house on queensway, when i lived up there as a kid i remember the people who used to live in it, the family where called hesmondalsh(sp)
Old 20-08-2007, 23:04   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
oohh i love to go to a haunted house!!
spend the night and S**t myself..
I've had worse dates

I have a friend who lives in an old farm house near Moscow (that's Moscow, Ontario); it's a three storey limestone place that used to be a mill, but the old water wheel has gone; no one goes up to the third storey, but lots have tried. No one has ever seen anything, but there is a presence that one can feel, but can't describe ... sort of like an invisible wall of warning. In Kingston, in summer, one can go on a supervised walking tour, the Haunted Walk of Kingston, which ends up by dead man's bay. It's a neat tourist attraction, but I still think the best part is having a pint in the haunted pubs: the Royal, the Prince George, and the Toucan.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..