Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 19:31   #31
God Member

Re: anyone on here build websites ?

Mr_Fibble do you have a website with portfolio/prices?
Old 08-01-2009, 20:33   #32
God Member

The lad was not applying to become IT manager for NASA...He offered his services to build a simple website. At least he has the balls to do that without being shot down.
I cant see any point of discussing a business arrangement on this forum.
Anyone who tries to belittle a fellow member who is trying to make a crust in these hard times and who deserves full credit for his efforts, should be ashamed.
I notice that the ones or should I say one, who has made most of this thread has not offered to build a website for our friend?
If you want the job.....bloody well ask for it.
Sorry GG but this was turning into baby house.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 20:34   #33

We dont publish prices as each customer has individual requirements etc but feel free to take a look at our web site Yellow Satsuma - Homepage, The start of great things - Passion for Design

- Matthew

[email protected]
Old 08-01-2009, 20:56   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
The lad was not applying to become IT manager for NASA...He offered his services to build a simple website. At least he has the balls to do that without being shot down.
Anyone who tries to belittle a fellow member who is trying to make a crust in these hard times and who deserves full credit for his efforts, should be ashamed.
I notice that the ones or should I say one, who has made most of this thread has not offered to build a website for our friend?
My sentiments exactly as i said in a earlier post people come on here to ask for help and advice if given so be it,but of late a couple of posters have asked for help only to find it offered,and then certain members try their upmost to shoot them down or ridicule the poster.very sad
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 20:57   #35
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post

That is totally unfair. What is the difference in suggesting someone might get a better plumber, builder, car sprayer etc, and may get better value for money. Why is web Design different?

Also that he could save a lot of money by doing the job himself, either using a pagebuilder or by learning HTML. Flashy sites are totally unnecessary, and quite annoying, especially if a business wants to give quick access to information. If this is a new venture GG's wife is setting out on the more money he can save at the moment the better.

And got to add again, having been through the Web Creations, many descriptions, and home pages have spelling errors, grammatical errors and are wrongly worded. Doesn't give a professional image to me.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 08-01-2009 at 21:01.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 21:07   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
That is totally unfair. What is the difference in suggesting someone might get a better plumber, builder, car sprayer etc, and may get better value for money. Why is web Design different?

Also that he could save a lot of money by doing the job himself, either using a pagebuilder or by learning HTML. Flashy sites are totally unnecessary, and quite annoying, especially if a business wants to give quick access to information. If this is a new venture GG's wife is setting out on the more money he can save at the moment the better
I suggested that to GG on day one by PM.
Show me a webpage that you have created and let me pick the bones out of that?

Old 08-01-2009, 21:18   #37
Caz
God Member

If you are asking if I have done any, yes I have, only one is live at the moment, which was the first I made when I was learning, online, just like GG can. The others have been removed by me, for one reason or another. I am not a professional, but do it when I fancy because I like doing it
The comment Ian made about some people making it seem like a black art is true.
If you are a massive business concern, go ahead and waste money. If you are not, don't.

You didn't answer the question, what's the difference?

You're old school Roy, surely? Wouldn't you expect a professionally worded document from a professional?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-01-2009, 21:36   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_flibble View Post
For what it costs to get a 4 page static web site done its seriously not worth doing yourself in MS Word.
Quote:
We dont publish prices...
So how do we find out what it costs to get a 4 page static web site done?

Quote:
Hold on your honestly suggesting building the web site in a word processor?
No what I was actually suggesting was that GG email the documents to me, and I'll convert them to HTML and email them back.

I wasn't accepting any responsibility for the documents' content, nor uploading the results to the server, which is why I asked who was doing the hosting (so I could direct GG to the appropriate ISP's FTP help page).

Last edited by Studio25; 08-01-2009 at 21:42.
Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 21:47   #39
God Member

Quote:
You're old school Roy, surely? Wouldn't you expect a professionally worded document from a professional?
Yes I would...and the approval of the client on the finished product would be paramount.

Old 08-01-2009, 21:49   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
So how do we find out what it costs to get a 4 page static web site done?

No what I was actually suggesting was that GG email the documents to me, and I'll convert them to HTML and email them back.

I wasn't accepting any responsibility for the documents' content, nor uploading the results to the server, which is why I asked who was doing the hosting (so I could direct GG to the appropriate ISP's FTP help page).
I think your rum is stronger than mine

Old 08-01-2009, 21:54   #41

Well i can not defend any grammer or spelling mistakes on our web site, the site is designed to be an informal and friendly description of the services we provide and not the definition of perfect english grammer and spelling.

Unfortunetly neither me or my business partner did our honours degree's in english language.

Why im defending myself on here is totally beyond me, and if you take your time to look at the work we have done for some very large organisations you will see the quality of our work. In fact if any of your reading this live in a barrats, persimon or red row house then we most likely designed your architectual masonry along with the web site of the companys involved in making it.

How do you get a price for a static 4 page web site? Well thats simple, you contact us and we will give you a custom tailored quote to suit your needs and budget.
Not every static 4 page site is the same, you may need custom logo's and graphics.. or not. Thats why we visit you and talk about all your available options.

If the Warner and EMI music lables are happy with our work then i really am not going to defend myself on here any further.

I offered our services to the starter of this topic not because i want to make a quick bit of money or i want to make some fancy all singing and dancing site they dont need so i can charge an arm and a leg, but rather because i know we can offer a low cost and high quality service.

--Regards

Matthew

(and no i havent spell checked this post and it has not been submitted to the grammar police)
Old 08-01-2009, 22:01   #42
Caz
God Member

So if a plumber asks a client if his work is ok, that's it? Job done?

So we assume that the client who goes to a web designer is A1 at spelling?

If it was me, I would expect said professional WD to have proof read the site, and make sure it was perfect, so as to give a good impression. That is what the site is there for.

Same as if I gave a secretary a letter to type out, I would expect her to check spelling grammar etc, although all to often these days we receive letters from large concerns that aren't, and that is shameful

Reminds me of when i worked at My Travel.
Had to package NVQ folders and certificates, and post to reps. Came accross one certificate that was wrongly named to Francis, instead of Frances. Pointed this out and was told "oh, just post it"...pathetic.

Almost as bad as our local papers.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-01-2009, 22:04   #43
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Unfortunetly neither me or my business partner did our honours degree's in english language.
Neither did most of us I presume. But the errors are glaringly obvious. Now you are confusing me. Are you informal, or a professional business?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-01-2009, 22:05   #44
God Member

Quote:
So if a plumber asks a client if his work is ok, that's it? Job done?

So we assume that the client who goes to a web designer is A1 at spelling?

If it was me, I would expect said professional WD to have proof read the site, and make sure it was perfect, so as to give a good impression. That is what the site is there for.

Same as if I gave a secretary a letter to type out, I would expect her to check spelling grammar etc, although all to often these days we receive letters from large concerns that aren't, and that is shameful

Reminds me of when i worked at My Travel.
Had to package NVQ folders and certificates, and post to reps. Came accross one certificate that was wrongly named to Francis, instead of Frances. Pointed this out and was told "oh, just post it"...pathetic.

Almost as bad as our local papers.
Are you offering your services as a spell checker?

Old 08-01-2009, 22:07   #45

Glasgow Guy - have sent you a pm.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..