Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 22:10   #46

Re: anyone on here build websites ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post

So if a plumber asks a client if his work is ok, that's it? Job done?

To put this into how we do our development, at each stage of building a site we involve the customer in every aspect from the initial conception to the wire frame, graphics design and layout / storyboarding (if needed). As the site progresses we show the customer how its going and request any alterations or comments that they have. Once we believe the site to be finished then we show them the result at which point they either sign off on it or request changes to be made.

Most of our customers provide there own content for the sites we build, and by that i dont mean they just send us a text file and we plonk it in. Most of our sites allow the customer to edit the text content without our assistance, at which point we can hardly be held up for any spelling or grammar errors.

If your going to find fault with what we do then please find it with the HTML and CSS code, not the spelling mistakes that our customers make.
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2009, 22:11   #47
Caz
God Member

[QUOTEAre you offering your services as a spell checker?][/QUOTE]

Why? spotted an error in one of my forum posts?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 22:13   #48

Quote:
Now you are confusing me. Are you informal, or a professional business?
Don't think you will find i said anything about not being professional's in what we do, just that our site is presented in a relaxed, friendly and informal way and not at all sales orientated trying to confuse people and get them to spend money they dont need to.

I have to say im glad im not a regular on this site.
Old 08-01-2009, 22:13   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_flibble View Post
To put this into how we do our development, at each stage of building a site we involve the customer in every aspect from the initial conception to the wire frame, graphics design and layout / storyboarding (if needed). As the site progresses we show the customer how its going and request any alterations or comments that they have. Once we believe the site to be finished then we show them the result at which point they either sign off on it or request changes to be made.

Most of our customers provide there own content for the sites we build, and by that i dont mean they just send us a text file and we plonk it in. Most of our sites allow the customer to edit the text content without our assistance, at which point we can hardly be held up for any spelling or grammar errors.

If your going to find fault with what we do then please find it with the HTML and CSS code, not the spelling mistakes that our customers make.
Mathew..............I am going to bed.........good luck.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 22:47   #50

Royboy
Someone is sure to pull you to pieces over your spelling of Mathew think its spelt Matthew,cos they seem to like pulling people to pieces on here
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 22:49   #51
Caz
God Member

No decent member would pull someone to pieces over spelling in a forum post..totally different issue Polly. Note one of the posts I made earlier today

Forum posts are a different kettle of fish, often made in haste, and informal, no need to use a spelling or grammar checker...who cares?

- Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Caz; 08-01-2009 at 22:51.
Old 08-01-2009, 23:02   #52
God Member

For goodness sake why do members not just butt out? GG asked if any members built websites and Lanscat put forward mr flibble, surely the discussion should be between GG and mr flibble if the offer is taken up. Read through this thread and then ask yourselves why a lot of regular our posters are no longer posting!! It is happening quite a lot just lately, just take a step back and think about it. I'm sure GG is quite capable of checking that things are acceptable if and when he decides to accept the deal.
Old 08-01-2009, 23:12   #53
Caz
God Member

So we all butt out?
If that was the case Bernadette, no one would ever offer information, help, or advice or even just opinions?

I asked for information about car sprayers earlier, was quite prepared for someone to say "don't go to suchabody" or "this guy is a nono"

What is the difference?
It's a forum, and people are allowed to input as they see fit. The majority of the people who have posted here seem to want to avoid GG having any unnecessary expense. Where is the problem with that.

And what is the problem with judging a professional's workmanship if one sees fit?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-01-2009, 23:42   #54
God Member

To me it is just a case of to many people giving advice that wasn't really warranted. In fact it is an ansult to GG and his wife to suggest that they wouldn't pick up on the bad vocabulary if they did indeed take mr flibble up on his offer.

Read into it what you wish but once again I ask why are so many of our previously regular posters not active on the site these days?
Old 08-01-2009, 23:50   #55
Caz
God Member

Nobody is saying GG wouldn't pick up on errors, so in no way is it an insult to him! doubt he ever thought it was.
Would suggest the core of Accy web has always been there. Even I came back, and the reason I didn't post for so long had nothing to do with posters and their comments. You can take them or leave them! If you don't agree with them, defend your opinion.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 09-01-2009, 00:08   #56
God Member

At the end of the day there are a lot of nit pickers on here who would and have crucified for bad spelling.
My own brother who is disabled and housebound unless family take him out used to love posting on this site but because he was such a bad speller he got ripped on many occasions which resulted in him ceasing his activity on here.
Bad spelling really should not be an issue. I think most of us have the ability to seperate bad spelling from text talk .
bad spelling on here seems to be cropping up a lot so maybe its time for our more mature and intellectual members to sit back, take stock and realise that bad grammar / spelling isnt the be all and end all and proves nothing about your ability to be a forum member.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 00:25   #57
Caz
God Member

As I have stated cherokee, members such as myself, do not pick on people over spelling. I put a post in Accylads(?) thread this afternoon, defending him over such.

Can anyone say they are 100 percent perfect grammar and spelling wise on a forum? Doubt it.

The issue is professional work, not forum posts.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 09-01-2009, 00:33   #58

Well for what its worth i have a web site built by the lad you all ragging
It also has a forum attatched didnt cost me the earth its plain and easily read with a host of information.im highly satisfied with it and so are the people who use it,It also has backing from the KC regards breed standard and health issues and heart scores,If GG wishes to see it he is more than welcome if he pops me a PM.
Its pretty darn boring to anyone not connected to dogs or showing/breeding to breed standard but it suits me and that is all that matters,ya pay ya money and you take your choice

Last edited by Polly_45; 09-01-2009 at 00:37. Reason: added
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 00:34   #59
God Member

Quote:
As I have stated cherokee, members such as myself, do not pick on people over spelling. I put a post in Accylads(?) thread this afternoon, defending him over such.

Can anyone say they are 100 percent perfect grammar and spelling wise on a forum? Doubt it.

The issue is professional work, not forum posts.

Sorry caz wasnt actually aiming at you. Never seen you pick up on grammr/spelling so im in no position to.
Nit picking seems to have taken over what IMO looked like an innocent question and to be fair i think if one was building a website then care would probably be taken to ensure its appearance and spelling.
My point in all this is that I seem to be viewing a few threads picking up on members spelling and to be honest it really isnt fair on those members.
We all make mistakes.
Poor GG only asked a question and when someone answers it they get ripped. Not on IMO. sorry

Last edited by cherokee; 09-01-2009 at 00:42.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:07   #60
God Member

[quote=cherokee;667384]Sorry caz wasnt actually aiming at you. Never seen you pick up on grammr/spelling so im in no position to.

Take that back have read this thread again caz and you are picking up quite a lot on his spelling.
Do think the guy has more than explained himself though.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..