Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23   #61
Caz
God Member

Re: anyone on here build websites ?

Piking up on a professional, not an average poster, wouldn't class myself as perfect on a forum, make loads of errors I can't be bothered to correct coz it aint necessary, but expect professional work from a professional who I may be paying? Is that too much to expect?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-01-2009, 05:53   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Read through this thread and then ask yourselves why a lot of regular our posters are no longer posting!!
Is it because they get critiscised for offering advice ?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:56   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
Well for what its worth i have a web site built by the lad you all ragging
It also has a forum attatched didnt cost me the earth its plain and easily read with a host of information.im highly satisfied with it and so are the people who use it,It also has backing from the KC regards breed standard and health issues and heart scores,If GG wishes to see it he is more than welcome if he pops me a PM.
Its pretty darn boring to anyone not connected to dogs or showing/breeding to breed standard but it suits me and that is all that matters,ya pay ya money and you take your choice
How much did it cost ?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:37   #64

Pm sent lancsdave
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:55   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
For goodness sake why do members not just butt out? GG asked if any members built websites and Lanscat put forward mr flibble, surely the discussion should be between GG and mr flibble if the offer is taken up. Read through this thread and then ask yourselves why a lot of regular our posters are no longer posting!! It is happening quite a lot just lately, just take a step back and think about it. I'm sure GG is quite capable of checking that things are acceptable if and when he decides to accept the deal.

thanks i could not have worded a reply better myself,some people here on accyweb just seem to want to rip people to bits,for goodness sake grow up!
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 13:27   #66
Senior Member+

having read through all the posts I was actually nervous bout coming back on here and replying...and to those who kindly pm'ed me..I have sent pms to certain people..
Now before I could actually get to business and talk to certain folk on here mrs gg like always steamed on ahead and built her own simple website..now after readind the posts on here I dont know if I want to give a link in fear of being rippd to bits..
but I dare say it wont be anyworse than what I have had in my life to date!

so her new venture is called 'wings and things pet services'..with her site being called funnily enough.. Wings and Things Pet Services
now I know its not up to scratch to the likes of one done professionally but its simple, straight to the point and says whats needs to said..and she is happy with it for the time being
if we are not happy within a couple of months with it then the relevant persons on here shall contacted.

now you have seen the site I have my tin hat on and await the posts of fear!
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 13:36   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
having read through all the posts I was actually nervous bout coming back on here and replying...and to those who kindly pm'ed me..I have sent pms to certain people..
Now before I could actually get to business and talk to certain folk on here mrs gg like always steamed on ahead and built her own simple website..now after readind the posts on here I dont know if I want to give a link in fear of being rippd to bits..
but I dare say it wont be anyworse than what I have had in my life to date!

so her new venture is called 'wings and things pet services'..with her site being called funnily enough.. Wings and Things Pet Services
now I know its not up to scratch to the likes of one done professionally but its simple, straight to the point and says whats needs to said..and she is happy with it for the time being
if we are not happy within a couple of months with it then the relevant persons on here shall contacted.

now you have seen the site I have my tin hat on and await the posts of fear!
Looks fine GG. Can we point out possible typo's if we spot them ?
Old 10-01-2009, 13:38   #68
Senior Member+

ha ha ha... I made sure the grammar police were involved with it and corrected any that were on it before putting the link up..thats not to say they missed any...
Old 10-01-2009, 13:39   #69
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I like what she has done, tell her she is a smart ass

Only advice I would give is to host it somewhere you don't have other peoples adverts displaying. Just something to think about when things take off.
Old 10-01-2009, 13:42   #70
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Looks fine GG. Can we point out possible typo's if we spot them ?
We all make mistakes so it is always a good idea to have anything important proof read by someone else. It is easy to miss your own mistakes. You know what it is supposed to say so can find yourself almost reading it without looking if you know what I mean.

Also good to have other people read it to make sure it makes sense to them as well for the reason.
Old 10-01-2009, 13:43   #71
God Member

Quote:
ha ha ha... I made sure the grammar police were involved with it and corrected any that were on it before putting the link up..thats not to say they missed any...
Just a personal choice of expression

On the services page it says "
Wings and Things are well experienced in equine management and believe in natural horsemanship methods.2

I would change well to very, when I read it I thought of Vickie Pollard
Old 10-01-2009, 13:44   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I like what she has done, tell her she is a smart ass

Only advice I would give is to host it somewhere you don't have other peoples adverts displaying. Just something to think about when things take off.
they are only there for the time being cos its still under the free trial..the adds disappear when you start paying for it..
which will happen pretty soon..
Old 10-01-2009, 13:48   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Just a personal choice of expression

On the services page it says "
Wings and Things are well experienced in equine management and believe in natural horsemanship methods.2

I would change well to very, when I read it I thought of Vickie Pollard
just for you dave - sorted.

and if you want to think of vicki pollard... well thats up to you..
Old 10-01-2009, 13:57   #74

Have pm'd a reply to you GG and will shortly send another.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 15:21   #75
God Member

Quote:
just for you dave - sorted.

and if you want to think of vicki pollard... well thats up to you..

I think we should leave my thiughts of women to another thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..