Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 17:20   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Anyone recommend a good Hairdresser??

Don't talk to me about haircuts, I used to have a home hairdresser but she packed in and I couldn't find another, so seeing I only have a number two cut these days I bought some shears. My other half had become very proficient at the quick once over every few weeks, then last Friday she asked if I want a quick trim, the only trouble being she forgot to put the trimmer on, consequently I'm now sporting a number 1 cut and its bloody cold even indoors at the moment
Old 08-01-2009, 17:23   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't talk to me about haircuts, I used to have a home hairdresser but she packed in and I couldn't another, so seeing I only have a number two cut these days I bought some shears. My other half had become very proficient at the quick once over every few weeks, then last Friday she asked if I want a quick trim, the only trouble being she forgot to put the trimmer on, consequently I'm now sporting a number 1 cut and its bloody cold even indoors at the moment
I once did that to darwendosser - a bare stripe - we were due to go to a wedding but didn't - he wore a cap for weeks and cut his own after that.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 18:50   #18
Senior Member+

I had mine cut whilst I was there in October. My sister-in-law got me an appointment at one near to the top of Ossy. I can't remember the name but it was next to a cafe and opposite a chippy!

A lovely lady who did a really good job of mine. I wish she would move here x

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 18:58   #19

Sent you pm
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 20:43   #20
God Member

Call round here and I'll do it for you, I do my own and I trimmed my two dogs last week so I've had a bit of practice, It's not like I'm a novice at it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 20:47   #21
Resting in Peace

I did my son's hair last week.... he is still not talking to me: how hard can it be to use a number one head trimmer.... errrrrrrrrrrrrrr very:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 20:49   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
how hard can it be to use a number one head trimmer
No idea, I use No.2

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:21   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
No idea, I use No.2
Ya K.S.H. do stick to it, I'm doing a great impression of Telly Savalas at the moment
Old 09-01-2009, 11:30   #24
Caz
God Member

Daughter and myself use the little salon near the arches on Blackburn road. A Beautiful Figure. She only recently started doing hair there, but has been qualified for years. It's run by Yvonne. Fairly cheap too, only £7.50 for a dry cut.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 13:34   #25
God Member

SJP in ossy charges £15 for wash, cut and blow dry and she styles your hair too. Very nice your lass, in her mid twenties.

She does cheap colouring and highlighting too.

It is the one with the big barbers post sticker on the window next to martins bakery.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 13:41   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by junetta View Post
I had mine cut whilst I was there in October. My sister-in-law got me an appointment at one near to the top of Ossy. I can't remember the name but it was next to a cafe and opposite a chippy!

A lovely lady who did a really good job of mine. I wish she would move here x
Thats called Compliments. I go to Fitzy's in Accy never had a problem there.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..