Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2006, 12:02   #16
I am Banned

Re: Are they not collecting cardboard any more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTechnophobe
Thats a good idea thanks I'll ring them. I love a good moan lol

I've never had any problems before thats why its so annoying. Not only does it all have to drip through my house once but now twice!

Its bad enough that your bins stink to high heaven because they're not emptied for two weeks and have half a dozen different bags and boxes cluttering up your yard but then they don't take it! Right rant over now
Good luck & hope they sort it soon for you, enjoy the moan lol
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2006, 12:06   #17
Senior Member+

They just stop collected ours altogether one week, so I phoned the council eventually and they (obviously) could do no wrong, they said they must just have missed ours, so I informed them that they must have missed the entire street for 6 weeks. I then stopped putting it out, but have started again now, because we have found a micro chip in our bin, and they have been taking it for the past couple of weeks.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 12:15   #18

Micro chip???
MissTechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 12:23   #19
Senior Member+

Yeah, I'm not entirley sure what the do, I think they keep weight records or something like that, so if its too heavy they know that ur not recycling. Although it doesn't really work for us coz I have a baby and a lot of nappies are heavy, we also have cats and litter is also very heavy, just waiting for the day the council send me a letter. Check ur bin they are either under the lip of the bin at the front or on the hinge, there will be a little compartment with a cap on.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 12:26   #20

Blimey, big brother is watching you! Its getting worse!
Old 19-10-2006, 18:04   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
I was quite surprised they took my textiles recycling too as i didnt have a green bag [where they are supposed to be in] so they was put in a black bin bag labelled textiles recycling & they did take it & left me a green bag
I left our textiles out in the green bag as instructed,but they did'nt leave a replacement bag.The next collection i put them out in a clearly marked black bag but ,though the rest of the recycling waste had gone,the textiles were left behind(they eventually went to a far more deserving cause).One time the blue box was full so i left more cans & bottles beside it in carrier bags.They took them but posted a letter about putting them in the correct recepticles.
Old 21-10-2006, 14:28   #22
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

would they take it if it was **** wet through??????.......why dont they give bags for it, otherwise i wud recycle that too, till then it goes in me bin!
Old 02-11-2006, 17:08   #23

Well my cardboard was collected yesterday so I'm happy lol.

I put a big sheet of A4 paper on the front and wrote "cardboard" with permanent marker on!

I agree with panther why can't they provide bags for it? I'm wasting good bin bags putting it out - surely thats a waste of a good bin bag???

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..