Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2006, 11:39   #1

Are they not collecting cardboard any more?

I know that title sounds a bit daft, but I put all my bottles and bags out yesterday for the chaps who collect them but they left my bag of cardboard, they've never done that before and I've had to bring the whole sorry soggy mess back in - charming!

Have they stopped collecting these now? I guess if they have, its one less lot to ship abroad and think that the UK is doing its bit!
MissTechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2006, 11:42   #2
I am Banned

Re: Are they not collecting cardboard any more?

We had ours picked up yesterday & yes the cardboard van came & collected up here, tho they dont like to collect cardboard from the blue boxes - so dont put them in there & what we do is we can put them in carrier bags & hook them onto the fence as long as open & visably that its cardboard they will collect them. I was quite surprised they took my textiles recycling too as i didnt have a green bag [where they are supposed to be in] so they was put in a black bin bag labelled textiles recycling & they did take it & left me a green bag
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 11:43   #3
Senior Member+

No they still collect it.They collected ours yesterday.They collect the cardboard an hour or so later than the rest of the re-cycleables,in a seperate truck.
Old 19-10-2006, 11:44   #4
Resident Waffler

I thought the cardboard wasn't supposed to be inside anything? I put all ours into the largest of the cardboard things. It was all collected yesterday here too.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 11:45   #5

I always put it in a big black bin liner because I tend to have so much! I buy on Ebay a lot and whilst I re-use as much as I can, I'd end up with a house full of cardboard if I didn't get rid of some of it!

Not sure why they didn't turn up, perhaps they're not bothing in sunny woodnook anymore!
Old 19-10-2006, 11:48   #6
Senior Member+

They dont collect it at the same time as the plastic bottles and cans etc.They collect it later in a different truck.You didnt fetch it back in house to early did you?
Old 19-10-2006, 11:49   #7

Ours was out until tea time and it wasn't collected. Its just going to have to go out with the rubbish next week now because its far too soggy to start messing around with now!
Old 19-10-2006, 11:49   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I thought the cardboard wasn't supposed to be inside anything? I put all ours into the largest of the cardboard things. It was all collected yesterday here too.
Its only plassy bags & that its viable as to what it is, because we live on the tops, we get that bit more wind up here so liable to blow away thusfore littering the fields so that was ok'd.

But it has to be clearly visable as to it being cardboard or if using blackbin bag then label it big & clearly so they know what it is otherwise they are not going to root thro a black bin bag not knowing what it is & presuming its grey bin rubbish. I put a big label on my black bin bag of textiles so they knew what it was & plus it wasn't tied up - hence why it was taken.
Old 19-10-2006, 11:52   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTechnophobe
Ours was out until tea time and it wasn't collected. Its just going to have to go out with the rubbish next week now because its far too soggy to start messing around with now!
If it was me I'd ring them up and complain,then inform them it is outside your house now and they should come back up.They did the other summer for us when they missed our green wheelie bin.
Old 19-10-2006, 11:53   #10

Oh perhaps thats what it was though. To be honest though it was clear as to what it was it was full and I mean full of cardboard, all poking out the top. It just annoys me when they tell us all to be recycling and then they don't move it! aaarrrggh
Old 19-10-2006, 11:53   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
If it was me I'd ring them up and complain,then inform them it is outside your house now and they should come back up.They did the other summer for us when they missed our green wheelie bin.
Yeh thats a good point Mthead
Old 19-10-2006, 11:55   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTechnophobe
Oh perhaps thats what it was though. To be honest though it was clear as to what it was it was full and I mean full of cardboard, all poking out the top. It just annoys me when they tell us all to be recycling and then they don't move it! aaarrrggh
Lie owt else with the council they may of pulled a fast one thinking we'll not bother but ring council to complain as they are actively encouraging recycling & in some cases bugging some bins.
Old 19-10-2006, 11:55   #13
Resident Waffler

Well if it was clearly visible I'd ring them up and complain and tell them you don't want it hanging around for another 2 weeks!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 11:57   #14
I am Banned

I didnt think they would take my black labelled bag so hovered around the window watching to see if they would take it & gt ready to pounce if they didnt - i must of scared em that i was watching so they took it hehehehe
Old 19-10-2006, 12:00   #15

Thats a good idea thanks I'll ring them. I love a good moan lol

I've never had any problems before thats why its so annoying. Not only does it all have to drip through my house once but now twice!

Its bad enough that your bins stink to high heaven because they're not emptied for two weeks and have half a dozen different bags and boxes cluttering up your yard but then they don't take it! Right rant over now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..