Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2009, 15:49   #16
God Member

Re: Are your kids scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
its obviously a minority who it really bothers.
but in this country it is teh minority that usually get their way

hopefully in this case they dont

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2009, 16:55   #17
God Member

OMG, I'm horrified that any parent out there would claim that such a beautiful woman was 'scaring' their child - what on earth is scary about her?

There is a young woman in Ossy who is in the panto group - she has the exact same disability. She too is very beautiful and has been cast as the leading lady and this year she was the prince. My two have no issue with her lack of arm, neither have the other 80 kids in the show. She's popular, talented and clever, but as far as the panto kids are concerned she's just a regular girl.

I can't believe the prejudices of some people - it beggars belief!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 17:29   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I think the thing that most people, of all ages, would find most notable is that's she's beautiful, with an open face and a great smile.
I actully feel sorry for the lass, look at the chap she has to work with
Old 24-02-2009, 17:51   #19
Passed away 25-11-09

I don't for one minute believe any child has been "scared" of this lady. I do believe the parents have reacted, very vocally, with horror and repugnance so the children have promptly copied them. If the BBC axes this presenter I hope there will be a national outcry from the decent, more rational viewers.
Old 24-02-2009, 18:03   #20
God Member

kids read and watch peter pan and im pretty sure a hook on the end of a wrist looks more scary to a kid that a stump

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 18:28   #21
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

You know some people are so pathetic, this woman has probably nothing better to do.......

if Cerrie Burnell is good at her job then that is all that matters, whether she has no arm or 3 eyes!!

If you ask me david cameron looks more scary, now that would give any kid nightmares!!
Old 24-02-2009, 22:29   #22

People complain for complaining sake
i know of children more scared of the smoking advert where the little girl says she is afraid her mummy will die,
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2009, 22:57   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the pathetic turds that complained about this lass, should be stripped of their T.V. licences fer 5 yrs, then they would have nowt to complain about. their probably to far up there own backsides to be able to read a paper.
Old 25-02-2009, 01:53   #24
Give, give, give member

Posted by brightroddydoddy.

Who I'd describe as more than a little dim, and not bright at all.

Some of the comments make me despair for the children in the care of these morons.

'I'm not impressed, sadly. I had no idea the old presenters were going (no indication at all on the actual channel, considering continuity is a key theme of the programming it seems silly not to have done this, especially with the songs being so popular).

Just weeks of turning over because of skye and jelly were on, then the new people walked in this morning....my kid was not impressed.

neither am i, to be honest. they seem nice enough, but i question the logic of hiring a girl with part of her arm missing (and so obviously placed on display for kids to see it) to present cbeebies. my child was immediately freaked out and didn't want to watch. there's a time and place for showing kids all the "differences" that people can have, but nine in the morning in front of two year olds is NOT the place!

little overboard on the need for political correctness, perhaps?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbcbeebies/...thread=6264556

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 02:03   #25
Give, give, give member

What would these imbeciles do if there happend to be someone with no hands in their child's class?

Have the 'scary' child removed from the school?

Old 25-02-2009, 09:24   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:

Some of the comments make me despair for the children in the care of these morons.

'I'm not impressed, sadly. I had no idea the old presenters were going (no indication at all on the actual channel, considering continuity is a key theme of the programming it seems silly not to have done this, especially with the songs being so popular).

Just weeks of turning over because of skye and jelly were on, then the new people walked in this morning....my kid was not impressed.

neither am i, to be honest. they seem nice enough, but i question the logic of hiring a girl with part of her arm missing (and so obviously placed on display for kids to see it) to present cbeebies. my child was immediately freaked out and didn't want to watch. there's a time and place for showing kids all the "differences" that people can have, but nine in the morning in front of two year olds is NOT the place!

BBC - MESSAGE BOARDS - CBeebies - New presenters: Alex and Cerrie - Conversation
What a load of erm......... rubbish

I have 2 x 2 year olds and it in no way freaks them out. I pointed it out to one of them yesterday and all he had to say was "CBEEBIES" very loudly and excited, I pointed out her arm and he said was "no hand" it clearly doesnt bother them and the earlier that they get used to seeing things like this the better I think. They are going to see things like this all the time whilst out and about. They used to call wheelchairs prams but now know different, I would never dream of stopping them watching it or changing channels because of something like that. Its something that they need to accept and not be hidden away from
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 11:33   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
You know some people are so pathetic, this woman has probably nothing better to do.......

if Cerrie Burnell is good at her job then that is all that matters, whether she has no arm or 3 eyes!!

If you ask me david cameron looks more scary, now that would give any kid nightmares!!
For heavens sake don't let see or here Gordon Brown then
Old 25-02-2009, 11:38   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:

BBC - MESSAGE BOARDS - CBeebies - New presenters: Alex and Cerrie - Conversation
Silly B***h, she wants a reality check, or smacking in the gob with a wet packet of fish
Old 25-02-2009, 11:46   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Silly B***h, she wants a reality check, or smacking in the gob with a wet packet of fish
Instead of letting the child 'freak out', perhaps this parent might better spend their time at an adult literacy class, so that in the future they could perhaps help their offspring to write correct English, as well as teaching them that disabled people aren't freaks.

Old 25-02-2009, 11:47   #30
God Member

Saw her on news good on her, should be her ability at the job not her physical condition! There are many disabled children in any shape or form, many born with disfigurement or deformaties [my child included] whom watch mainstream childrens tv, a the point of realising differences if not able to comprehend differences, seeing someone like them whom have some kind of disablement physically or not - children of like will relate a lot to those people much better, reaffirming that disability is not a disablement completely in life. There should be more people like her doing what she wants to do without having to hide or like she said wear a prosthetic limb in order to do her job. Many parents of children with disabilites try to bring their children up as normally as possible as well as intergrating them in society being judged by their own merit or ability rather than the pity for the disablement.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..