Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2003, 12:18   #1
I am Banned

Post Arncliffe Avenue purchase?

Considering buying a house in Arncliffe Avenue - anyone got any thoughts on this - good or bad?

Regards

Lyn
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-08-2003, 16:29   #2

Post Re: Arncliffe Avenue purchase?

HI LYN
I THINK YOU WOULD BE LUCKY TO BUY A HOUSE ON ARNCLIFFE AVENUE AS MOST OF THEM ARE OWNED BY THE COUNCIL AND RENTED  >
CRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2003, 18:23   #3
I am Banned

Must be lucky then - bought our lovely house on Arncliffe (with a great garden) and moved in last week! [smiley=4u.gif]
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 08:10   #4
Senior Member+

Well done.I lived up there in Fern Gore for 10 years.the people are great.Have fond memories of them.Brother and parents still live up there along with some old friends
Old 06-01-2006, 16:54   #5

Re: Arncliffe Avenue purchase?

Hi Beaker,
Did you buy a house on Arncliffe? I grew up at # 27, I lived there for 22 years and then moved to Canada. My parents and siblings moved out in 1979. I think I had the happiest children living on that Ave. Every one knew everyone and nobody locked their doors.
Are the "Woods" still there? and the "Private House" as we called it. I do know that it was turned into a Restaurant for a while.

Oh, happy memories.
joaner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 13:14   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaner3
Are the "Woods" still there? and the "Private House" as we called it. I do know that it was turned into a Restaurant for a while.

Oh, happy memories.
The woods are still there and the private house you refer to is now a nursing home, it has been for quite a few years now

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:37   #7
Lyn

Just thought i would follow up on this old thread i posted under previous name of 'Beaker' - funnily enough we are now moving to Canada as well and the house has gone up for sale today :
Further Property Details
Its been a lovely family house but time to move on to sunnier climes!
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:48   #8

Best of Luck with the sale of your home, and good luck for the move to Canada..
Nicola
x
nicola68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 19:55   #9

Congrats Lyn,
Where abouts are you moving to in Canada?
Old 10-06-2009, 20:03   #10
Lyn

Thanks guys

We are moving to Cambridge Ontario - I grew up in Ontario (but further North than Cambridge) but decided to go for a bit more southern - less mosquitoes and snow etc. Hubby is a Senior web developer so there is a bit more work further south. Ive been to Montreal - but unfortunately only to the airport during a flight from Toronto to Manchester and I believe the olympic games were on at the time (1976?) so that shows how long ago that was! Looking forward to going home - hopefully should be back by Halloween!
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 20:09   #11
Beacon of light

Lyn, good luck with the sale of your house.....it looks lovely...just right for a family.
I hope your move to Canada goes well and that you have a great life over there.
I think you are doing the right thing.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 20:16   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
Thanks guys

We are moving to Cambridge Ontario - I grew up in Ontario (but further North than Cambridge) but decided to go for a bit more southern - less mosquitoes and snow etc. Hubby is a Senior web developer so there is a bit more work further south. Ive been to Montreal - but unfortunately only to the airport during a flight from Toronto to Manchester and I believe the olympic games were on at the time (1976?) so that shows how long ago that was! Looking forward to going home - hopefully should be back by Halloween!
So that means you haven't experienced a Canadian winter for a long time? ha ha, you are in for a treat. I was over in UK last Sept. and had a great time, but alot of things have changed, my brother even drove me up to Arncliffe Ave to have a look at our old house, great changes, even the "Woods" have gone smaller.

« Pay Pal | Mudgards »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..