Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 20:43   #16
God Member

Re: Artificial Nails

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Might be worth checking with the consultant first then. I know if you have glued on falsies you have to take them off but overlays are practically your own nail anyway. It's not like they could fall off during an op and get lost inside you, which is I think the reason why they say you must remove the stick on false ones.
I thought that the reason you are not allowed to wear nail polish or false nails when having an operation was because the staff need to see the colour of your natural nails throughout. Something to do with your heart rate dropping if your nails go blue I think.
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2007, 21:01   #17
Resident Waffler

Well maybe that's why my overlays were OK then because they are not coloured. There could be a snag if you have long nails and they want to put one of those monitor thingies on the end of your finger.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 23:25   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I thought that the reason you are not allowed to wear nail polish or false nails when having an operation was because the staff need to see the colour of your natural nails throughout. Something to do with your heart rate dropping if your nails go blue I think.
LOL .. was just about to put up this info. Lilly .. but had to look up how to spell anaesthetist first
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:18   #19
Resident Waffler

When I had two ops last year I asked about my nails and they just asked me if they were stuck on and likely to fall off. I demonstrated that you can't even pull them off as they are just my own real nails with a gel overlay and both times they just looked at them and said OK, must have been because you can see my nail bed with them just being transparent. Both occasions were at Royal Blackburn.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:38   #20
mez
God Member

i must admit i like the acrlic ones, but have stopped having them put on this year i need to get the strengh back in my own nails,its a long & weary task, but im getting there .....& yes they are cleaner.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:27   #21
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

speaking of nails ...does anyone know the best place to get em done? and how much?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15   #22

I had an op on my hand recently and was told I did not need to remove my nails.
JB

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
speaking of nails ...does anyone know the best place to get em done? and how much?

I use 'Heads Above' on Deardengate in Haslingden, £28. Most places charge between £20 & £30 for a full set of acrylics, tips are sometimes slightly cheaper.
I once tried a place in Clayton, near lights, also a place on Water St Accy, & would not recommend either.

Jelly Baby
Old 07-10-2007, 16:38   #24
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

will bear that in mind jelly baby...
thanx
Old 07-10-2007, 16:54   #25
Resident Waffler

I go to Angela Kay's at the bottom of Water Street.

Old 07-10-2007, 19:09   #26

Can recommand The Works on Warner Street. Troube is she get's booked up pretty quick.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 21:49   #27
God Member

Kathy at Visions of Beauty on Union Rd in Ossy did my gel nails for a special occasion last year. I was very happy with them and went back every 5 weeks for in-fills for 6 months afterwards. I was loathe to have them removed but in the end money is quite tight in our house so couldn't justify the expense long term. It cost £30 for the initial full set and then £20 for the in-fills which you need every 4-5 weeks.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:47   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Kathy at Visions of Beauty on Union Rd in Ossy

i go there to get my eyebrows waxed
Old 11-10-2007, 18:54   #29
Senior Member+

Home and Bargain have some great false nail sets in; a mere £ 1.99 ! They look really good on and you can varnish over them too ! They are called " red professional airbrush manicure nails" , you get 24 plus glue in a pack and they are ideal for holiday/ weekend out etc when you don't want the hassle of having the damn things getting in the way of work afterwards ! I put a set on last saturday and they have lasted until today ( thurs) without any falling off. Plus you can the things off yourself and not have to pay £10 for the privilege!

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 11-10-2007 at 18:57.
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:35   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I go to Angela Kay's at the bottom of Water Street.

Hmmm!
See my previous post!

Jelly Baby

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..