Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2014, 19:41   #31

Re: Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I've known a couple of folk that catch pike for their camp fire (nothing like the size of that monster in your pic).
They say "pike are lovely" ,personally I haven't and wouldn't eat one .
I really enjoy catching them though ,sometime they "tail walk" and their a strong fish that don't give up easy.
I've had plenty of "jacks" on the canal while spinning for perch (which are also allegedly a "good eat").I wouldn't like to get a spinner caught in my beard
Pike are allegedly a "forgotten feast"
HUNTER-GATHERING: wild & fresh food: Eating Pike: A Forgotten Feast?
If every coarse angler in this country removed one or two fish every time they caught, within a few years there would be nothing left to fish for; (return them), don't get like the east europeans who are over here who are decimating our fisheries.
Eric likes this.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-05-2014, 08:57   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
If every coarse angler in this country removed one or two fish every time they caught, within a few years there would be nothing left to fish for; (return them), don't get like the east europeans who are over here who are decimating our fisheries.
You've nothing to worry about there T, as much as I enjoy "catch and release" fishing, I'm not a lover of eating fish

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:37   #33
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Aye, the Leeds to Liverpool canal has become like a giant, revolving sushi table these days.
Stevie R likes this.
Old 10-05-2014, 13:17   #34
Senior Member+

Ive been thinking about going clean shaven at xmas and then doing one of those "pic everyday of the year" things and record the growing of the beard over 365 days
Old 10-05-2014, 18:32   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Ive been thinking about going clean shaven at xmas and then doing one of those "pic everyday of the year" things and record the growing of the beard over 365 days
Please think this one thru a tad more
Restless likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 17:05   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Please think this one thru a tad more
to be honest it requires too much effort
Old 07-06-2014, 18:08   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Forget about vanity ... get yourself a mad trapper hat, and let the beard grow as it wishes ... and the eyebrows too.
proof that i do indeed own a trapper hat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapshot 1 (07-06-2014 19-06).jpg (19.8 KB, 16 views)
Eric likes this.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:57   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
proof that i do indeed own a trapper hat
That's not a proper one! A proper one gouges & bites cobs out of you before it can be converted to headgear!
Old 14-06-2014, 03:40   #39

I would think that a Muslim barber would be great in shaving beards after all quite a few of that religion who have beards. Surely there would be some in Accy.
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 06:30   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith higson View Post
I would think that a Muslim barber would be great in shaving beards after all quite a few of that religion who have beards. Surely there would be some in Accy.
Thought I don't think they are supposed to trim their beards just their moustaches and a lot of (none practising) muslims have those thin line beards that personally I cannot stand
Old 14-06-2014, 08:03   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith higson View Post
And you'd happily sit in his chair while he's waving sharp implements in close proximity to your neck?
Old 14-06-2014, 10:17   #42
Full Member+

That's just what I was thinking Dave!
Old 14-06-2014, 12:24   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveingermany View Post
and you'd happily sit in his chair while he's waving sharp implements in close proximity to your neck? :d
no
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 12:37   #44
Senior Member+

I have loads of times. But they are usually not that great....
Old 14-06-2014, 16:13   #45
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Beards & Barbers?

Quote:
Thought I don't think they are supposed to trim their beards just their moustaches and a lot of (none practising) muslims have those thin line beards that personally I cannot stand

I trim mine whenever it gets in the way of my drinking, I hate my moustaches supping more than I can, cut it whenever needed.
Eric likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..