Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2011, 07:54   #16
Common Sense Member

Re: Beer Prices in Hyndburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
What I can't understand is why people pay so much a pint for what is basically 95% water, and then moan about the price of petrol.

Retlaw.
Same problem, they have little choice. I spend far more time and money in the clubs around the borough (Rishton Workmen's and Con plus the excellent one on Sydney Street) which tend to be just over half of what I would pay in a pub. It's a shame because I want to support the pubs but can't afford to as much as I would like.

Blame the breweries and management companies, they charge twice as much for tied houses as they do for the same barrel to a free house. Of course they can always blame successive governments for tax increases and people will believe it but when you look closely at that argument it holds very little water.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2011, 08:40   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Think the Calder now takes the most expensive pint in Hyndburn crown - £4.20 or something ridiculous for a Peroni! Madness.
Anybody who pays that is wrong in the tiny mind
Old 23-04-2011, 09:05   #18

Fosters £2.40 in Sydney St and a good pint it is.....
Old 23-04-2011, 13:06   #19
Senior Member+

Don't remember now but i think it was around £1.80 for a pint of 'alpine' from the greyhound... Oh the greyhound; don't expect anything other that Samuel Smith in there
Old 23-04-2011, 13:16   #20
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Don't remember now but i think it was around £1.80 for a pint of 'alpine' from the greyhound... Oh the greyhound; don't expect anything other that Samuel Smith in there
You mean the one with the pump that looked like a collection box when it was called Ayingerbrau?

Lethal stuff, used to be known as 'Wifebeater' in my local.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2011, 22:24   #21
Senior Member+

hmm not sure. But quite heavy stuff, best the had on tap there. Samuel Smith's own of course
Old 23-04-2011, 23:27   #22

Whenever been to other parts of country really see that drinks and eating out in hyndburn are really cheap !! examples are basic pint of lager in ambleside was £4,manchester £3,liverpool £4 ...the posts above this are all talikng 2.50 ish ..we do very well.
Anyway hows this,house doubles canine club or bay horse ossy £2 including mixer !!!
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 09:30   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
Whenever been to other parts of country really see that drinks and eating out in hyndburn are really cheap !! examples are basic pint of lager in ambleside was £4,manchester £3,liverpool £4 ...the posts above this are all talikng 2.50 ish ..we do very well.
Anyway hows this,house doubles canine club or bay horse ossy £2 including mixer !!!
Bay Horse in Ossy spigs If doubles were only a quid in yon wouldn't touch it with a ten foot barge pole
Old 24-04-2011, 09:35   #24
Senior Member+

Pint of Fosters in the Cricket Club ( Accrington) is now £2.85, ridiculous really but then again we have the bloody huge Thwaites loan to pay off!
Old 25-04-2011, 17:48   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
You mean the one with the pump that looked like a collection box when it was called Ayingerbrau?

Lethal stuff, used to be known as 'Wifebeater' in my local.
Ayinger, South Germany, Bavarian Brewery, approximately 25 km south-east of Munich. Standard Beer strength 4.9% that's not taking into account their specials which are markedly stronger. A typically picture postcard picturesque place & the Brew I remember the most is "Frühlings Bier" (Spring Beer), probably something to do with the romantic label the bottle carried.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fruehlingsbier.jpg (46.4 KB, 5 views)
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..