Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2007, 10:22   #1
Junior Member+

Bee's Knees

Is the Bee's Knees still going, I think it used to be near the library. next time I am in UK i am definitely coming back to accy for a look see.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2007, 10:25   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Bee's Knees

It's still in the same place but it hasn't got that great ugly bee on it these days.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 10:31   #3
Give, give, give member

It's still there, but has changed it's name.

It was considered very racy when it opened in the '70's, as they had go-go dancers!

I liked the big Bee outside.

Last edited by garinda; 28-02-2007 at 10:39.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 10:39   #4
Junior Member+

I thought the Bee was quite good, as for the GO GO dancers too young to go in at the time. Thats probably why I liked the bee LOL
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 10:43   #5
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

that ugly bee is stuck on a wall in ossy mills where the plants are, it was last time i looked!
Old 28-02-2007, 10:45   #6
Senior Member+

Sorry Rindy but it's still the Bees Knees,i think it changed and then changed back again.Cheap lager beer in the afternoons,with a mostly male clientele.WKD,bottle neckers pub at night.Great pub in 70's,early 80's with the balcony,raised area near the door,pool tables down stairs,under age drinkers,10p for 3 jukebox,telephone booth,mad Iranians with gold chains & town dolly hanging onto their wealth,fighting anything cos they could'nt hold their halves of lager.Bunch of keys dangling from high waist trousres,mobile disco.Crap nowadays.
Old 28-02-2007, 10:48   #7
God Member

Heh, I remember it as it was as well, dripping beer down on those trying to play pool

Now its just another faceless town centre pub.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 10:49   #8
God Member

I remember it like that as well, permanently sticky carpet and all - ah those were the days
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 11:06   #9
I am Banned

Crap? Is it hell crap maxwell. Great little pub at weekends especially thursday night £1 a drink! Good music too if i do say so myself hehehehe.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 11:31   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadah View Post
Crap? Is it hell crap maxwell. Great little pub at weekends especially thursday night £1 a drink! Good music too if i do say so myself hehehehe.
Must be the 20 odd year age difference,believe me if you like it now,you'd have loved it then.Quid a drink i'd never recover.
Old 28-02-2007, 12:08   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Must be the 20 odd year age difference,believe me if you like it now,you'd have loved it then.Quid a drink i'd never recover.
Theres the same age difference with us Maxwell but I agree with you its crap!! I'd rather pay full price for drinks than feel old on quid night. My best friends boyfriend is manager and I still dont like it.

Saying this though the whole of Accy is crap now! Dont go down much anymore.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 12:11   #12
God Member

i havent been in there for a few years but when i was young it used to be a good pub, me n tinks used to frequent it often
Old 28-02-2007, 12:24   #13
God Member

The Bee's Knee's was one of the first pubs I went in, love the big bee outside too, it was a great pub then, but the night life in Accy back then was hard to beat too.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 12:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
My best friends boyfriend is manager and I still dont like it.
I thought Marin was the manager in the Bee's now??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2007, 12:35   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
I thought Marin was the manager in the Bee's now??
Martin is the manager, his girlfriend is my best friend.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..