Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 18:26   #16
I am Banned

Re: Best curry house in Accy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
spices taste nice if you give them a try..... after all even most english meals use pepper in them. then we use nutmeg in pancakes, all spice in Xmas cake.. ginger in biscuits etc. spice is all over if you start looking...

as for additives, the UK diet has far more of them than an Indian diet.
My meaning of addatives are that stuff your referring to as spices, can't say I've ever had any, nutmeg lately, last time I had that was when my mother used to put in on rice pudding, thats over 60 years ago, can't say I've had any ginger biscuits or Xmas cake in donkeys years, the only food I eat thats been cooked outside our kitchen, is my chippy tea on fridays.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2013, 00:45   #17
Senior Member+

calling spices additives.... that's just wrong...

kinda like my friend that caught me adding chillies to a vegetable soup "do you have to currify everything?"
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:02   #18
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
calling spices additives.... that's just wrong...

kinda like my friend that caught me adding chillies to a vegetable soup "do you have to currify everything?"
What else can you call them then, your adding some thing to alter the natural taste of the food your cooking, salt & vinegar on chips is an addative, I haven't tasted vinegar in yonks, and I'm not allowed salt on doctors orders.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:31   #19
Senior Member+

haha... well my mate calls them crap
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..