Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 13:09   #46
Junior Member+

Re: Best GP?

They are not taking on new patients at Accy Vic Crikey, not my day. Anyone know anything about Dr Bello?
Thumbelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2015, 13:32   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Try just going up yon n asking to see a doc, thats what i did, i never asked to be taken on.
Thumbelina likes this.
Old 11-03-2015, 13:34   #48
Junior Member+

Yeah will do, but need a permanent solution. I will fill in a form and go on their waiting list though she cannot give a timescale. Thanks anyway.
Old 11-03-2015, 14:49   #49
Resting in Peace

A couple of years ago I put my back out ...
I pulled the muscles each side of me spine and believe me it was very painful
I went to town on Monday just got off the bus and felt a twing in my back
By the time I got in M&S I was in a lot of pain and had to sit down
Thought about phoning wife to come and get me but It eased off so I carried on resting as much as I could got bus home.
But me back got worse and worse to the extent I can not move never mind walk
Tried to go to bed but took ages to get upstairs and there was no hard enough support for me back so came down and got a bit of sleep on settee.
Back still bad all day so when wife came home from work she helped me into a taxi and off to Accy vic waiting time was just over 1h 30mins but was in such pain I could not sit still
Finally got in to see the doc he checked me over then gave me a scrip for TRAMADOL
got taxi home and wife went to chemist near us that is open till 10pm
She got the pills and a couple of those heat pads still had to sleep on settee but got a couple of hours
Still in a lot of pain now but just have to put up with it for a while
The doc at Accy vic was nice and thorough but I was hoping he would inject my back
But nope
Just hope Accy vic call in stays open
cashman and Thumbelina like this.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 16:34   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Accy Vic is very good i found when i had to use it a couple of times.
its an excellent service an dpractice but if anyone is thinking of switching be aware that people are trying to get it closed so you may find yourself in a worse position than you started with if services become restricted or vanish

they dont have a minor surgeries or treatment room which i would also consider if you need regualr treatments or dressings etc as you will have to go to another health center to have things done and be running between your doctor and the health center which are on opposite sides of town from each other
Thumbelina likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 13:49   #51
Junior Member+

Gee, just tried Dr Bello, guess what? They are only taking on outside their boundary! �� She asked current GP, I told her, then she said thy had had an influx of new patients wanting to register so he has stopped new local registrations unless patients outside the boundary! Blimey! I am running out of options ��

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..