Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2015, 08:42   #1
Junior Member+

Best GP?

Can anyone recommend a good GP please? Since Myrtle Houe was taken over it has declined. I have a few conditions so any recommendation welcome thanks.
maxthecollie likes this.
Thumbelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2015, 09:15   #2
Full Member+

Re: Best GP?

I am with Rhyddings Surgery in Oswaldtwistle and have always found them really good. You can usually get an appointment the same day if its urgent. I highly recommend Dr. Prout (lady doctor) and Dr. Smith, they're both very good as well as the other practice GP's. The nurses are really nice and have worked there a long time and the receptionists are lovely too. Hope this helps!
cashman and Thumbelina like this.
Old 21-02-2015, 09:17   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Can anyone recommend a good GP please? Since Myrtle Houe was taken over it has declined. I have a few conditions so any recommendation welcome thanks.
Myrtle house has definately declined. My mother who is housebound rang loads of time over the last fortnight to speak to a doctor to be told the doctor would ring back after consultations. Dr. Manuel always rang back. She was after a home visit from Specsavers audiologist. You can only have an home visit if they get a letter from your doctor. She got an appointment to go to the shop instead of an home visit.
Thumbelina likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 09:27   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
I am with Rhyddings Surgery in Oswaldtwistle and have always found them really good. You can usually get an appointment the same day if its urgent. I highly recommend Dr. Prout (lady doctor) and Dr. Smith, they're both very good as well as the other practice GP's. The nurses are really nice and have worked there a long time and the receptionists are lovely too. Hope this helps!
Can't argue wi that, Have been wi them for approx 12 months, since we moved up ossy, I found a massive difference between em and my last one.By the way i went to see the nurse this week, and was amazed she actually explained everything to me! That was a first.
westendlass and Thumbelina like this.

Last edited by cashman; 21-02-2015 at 09:30.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 09:53   #5
Beacon of light

Yes, I think the Rhyddings Surgery must be the top one locally.
Good docs, pleasant receptionists, very professional nursing team(and I speak with a background of nursing).....all in all a great practice.
westendlass and Thumbelina like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 12:04   #6
Junior Member+

Thank you for your responses. I shall look into the Ossy one. Does anyone have any experience with GP's at Accrington Victoria Health Access Centre?
Old 21-02-2015, 12:10   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yes i had to go a couple of times when i was at the "Pals" and couldn't get an appointment, which i needed that day, No complaints at all from me, had a small wait, but was seen within the hour.
Thumbelina likes this.
Old 21-02-2015, 13:36   #8
God Member

the accy vic doctors are excellent infact many have left peel house / pals center to go there including most of teh reception staff from peel house/ pals

basically if you want to live go anywhere except peel house medical center at accy pals

if you dont die waiting for an appointment their failure to diagnose correctly will finish you off
Thumbelina likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 14:34   #9
Junior Member+

I certainly wouldn't recommend Myrtle House either. Dr Dixon was fantastic and my Doctor for years. I am Afraid the new Doctors are judgemental, rude and don't listen. I have an ongoing health issue at the moment that needs attention. I just need a Doctor like Dr Dixon was, one that listens.
Old 21-02-2015, 17:24   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Whenever that question gets asks us folk at the Cornerstone Practice (Rhyddings Surgery) are always quick to say we think they are the best around
Old 21-02-2015, 18:18   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Whenever that question gets asks us folk at the Cornerstone Practice (Rhyddings Surgery) are always quick to say we think they are the best around
Well it must be Neil, cos i'd soon say crap if it was. as you well know.
Old 21-02-2015, 18:44   #12
Beacon of light

I take my dear old Ma to this surgery and it is a delight.....no sour faced miserable receptionists who look at you like you are something they accidentally trod in on the way to work.
The Docs treat my mum like she is their mum...they listen to her concerns and they don't make her feel rushed or flustered.
This practice makes Pals/ Peel House look like a badly run jumble sale.
cashman and Thumbelina like this.
Old 21-02-2015, 19:50   #13
Junior Member+

Which surgery Margaret? The Ossy or the Accy Vic one? Thanks
Old 21-02-2015, 19:55   #14
Beacon of light

The Ossy one.
Haven't had the need to use the one at Accy Vic(thank goodness).
Ma has never failed to get an appointment at the Rhyddings practice.
Last year she had some unexplained bleeding.....I rang the surgery and they told me to bring her in right away.....she was seen by a doc and dispatched off to hospital within an hour.
You wouldn't get that at Pals.
Old 21-02-2015, 20:33   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The best G.P. is the one that will live forever, most of them recommend a life style they don't do themselves then refer us to someone that may have a little more knowledge than they have.
Pretend it's a lottery go on hope, if you actually get an appointment you've done better than most.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..