Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2009, 12:00   #1

Bin men and recycling???????

Can someone please tell me why the recycling binmen won't take the cardboard? We've put all our recycling out today and the binmen have left everyones cardboard boxes behind. What are we supposed to do with them? I daren't put them out for the other binmen, I got a warning the other week.

Last edited by suedarbo; 30-12-2009 at 12:01. Reason: spelling mistake
suedarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2009, 12:03   #2
God Member

Re: Bin men and recycling???????

The cardboard is collected separately using a wagon with a metal cage on the back.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 12:05   #3

Thankyou,
Old 30-12-2009, 12:06   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
Can someone please tell me why the recycling binmen won't take the cardboard? We've put all our recycling out today and the binmen have left everyones cardboard boxes behind. What are we supposed to do with them? I daren't put them out for the other binmen, I got a warning the other week.
If they've emptied your wheelie bins, as Margaret said, it isn't your recycling week. It'll be next week.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 12:14   #5
God Member

My cardboard wasn't collected at the last recycling date.
I didn't have a big box, so the small box full got disguised by snow.
This soggy box is now in the stairwell.
Since it is clean waste, it isn't a health hazard, so I suppose if there were staff shortages, the cardboard collection would be the first to be sacrificed.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2009, 12:43   #6

It is recycling this week. They've taken the tins and glass etc but left all the cardboard.
Old 30-12-2009, 13:18   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedarbo View Post
It is recycling this week. They've taken the tins and glass etc but left all the cardboard.
The other truck for cardboard is around Clayton today Sue, and they have taken mine. Unfortunately, my blue bag has blown away.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:27   #8
God Member

if it hasnt got your name or address on it sling it into teh road and report a case of fly tipping,within a hour some busy body will be round with a clipboard and have it shifted.This also works with fridges, washers and sofas etc

why leave your gate unlocked for 3 weeks waiting and leaving you vulnerable to burgulary or theft from your garden or yard when they turn up and remove it within hours if its classed as fly tipping.

make sure no one sees you though lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-01-2010 at 04:30.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..