Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2012, 08:51   #1

Blackburn road accrington

Hi all can anyone inform me why the police had/have shut off Blackburn Road in Accrington first heard it was shut at 6am this morning but have since heard it was shut last night?
kelsilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2012, 08:54   #2
God Member

Re: Blackburn road accrington

According to Radio Lancs serious assault near Railway pub
Old 28-11-2012, 08:59   #3

Ahhhh just seen it on Lancashire Telegraph site now they have updated it saying ambulance called at 11.45pm last night to a 21 year old assaulted with severe head injuries so road closed as it was a crime scene.
It is now reopened and a 31 year old from Accrington been arrested this morning.
Doesn't sound too clever eh?
Wonder if it has anything to do with the riot on there about 4 week ago or the other incident around willows lane area were people were dragged from cars and beaten up it all semms to be in or around the same area.
Disgusting if you ask me throw the book at the lot of em dont let them keep walking free punish them
Old 28-11-2012, 09:37   #4
God Member

You want the law to be applied to the Blackburn Rd area of Accrington ? This thread is going to get moved to joke of the day if you do
shillelagh likes this.
Old 28-11-2012, 09:49   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You want the law to be applied to the Blackburn Rd area of Accrington ? This thread is going to get moved to joke of the day if you do
The law is applied to Blackburn Rd, it just happens to be Sharia law.
flashy and smobile like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 11:03   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Made me laugh this reply although what you say is very true it just irritates me how much certain people and areas get away with!!
Good reply though
Old 28-11-2012, 13:03   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsilou View Post
Made me laugh this reply although what you say is very true it just irritates me how much certain people and areas get away with!!
Good reply though
You will now be able to contact the Lancashire Crime Commissioner to sort out this alleged error in the way Accrington is policed

In his election statement he said

Quote:
I aim to be a champion for equality and diversity. I shall represent all the communities across Lancashire irrespective of race or religion. This will make all our lives safer and more secure.
That is why he did not get my vote - its the way people try to implement their idea of diversity that is causing many of the problems. I saw no need to mention race or religion unless he was targeting certain race or religious voters so you might be onto a loser asking him to help with this one.

He did not write his own statement so the above quote is actually the words James Groves as it says at the end of his statement

Quote:
Yours sincerely,

Clive Grunshaw
This statement has been prepared by my election agent, James Groves.........
Maybe you would be better emailing James Groves for help

I just read it again and it has this bit in it so I am sure he will listen to you.

Quote:
The last Labour Government has a proud record on community safety. We listened to what the public wanted and we delivered.

Here is his full statement

You could always tweet him

Last edited by Neil; 28-11-2012 at 13:06.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 13:23   #8

No one got my vote for the election of police crime commissioner either Neil they all seem to pee in the same pot if you get my drift too many doo gooders get punished for minor things while serious crimes are just swept under the carpet with a slap on the wrist

Last edited by Neil; 28-11-2012 at 13:37.
Old 28-11-2012, 13:40   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
No one got my vote for the election of police crime commissioner either Neil they all seem to pee in the same pot if you get my drift too many doo gooders get punished for minor things while serious crimes are just swept under the carpet with a slap on the wrist

I could not disagree with you more, he is going to
Quote:
Target persistent and prolific offenders
Maybe I should have added a sarcasm warning before I wrote that
kelsilou likes this.
Old 28-11-2012, 14:18   #10
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Perhaps if you take a deep breath and think, it is the do-gooders sticking their noses in that causes most of our problems, we can't integrate with our brown brothers because they are made to feel like special cases instead of members of OUR society?

My ex came from southern Ireland, why wasn't she called a minority, was it because of the colour of her skin? Her religion? Surely she was just as much an ethnic minority as any other so called immigrant?
susie123 likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 00:55   #11
I am Banned

blackburn road ACCRINGTON where its one rule for one,and one rule for the others, a lawless stretch of road where the people who live in the terraced houses there do what they want and get away with it, this area should have a government health warning,illegal dog fighting venues,drug dens,dodgy insurance claims,derelect or badly maintained properties,take aways that need a good health and safety inspection,illegal parking on the road and on the pavement,all these issues have over the past 3 years been reported in the L E T so these are not just made up things they are facts.Blackburn road where even the police and traffic wardens don't patrol.
kelsilou likes this.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 02:47   #12
God Member

as stated before the council said in the press that they gave up on enforcing traffic laws there becaus eit was impossible to enforce

no it wasnt it should have gone further than teh council if they couldnt handle it and had government involvment to the extent it would set an example to other areas in the country.

heres an idea - tow away any car parked illigaly and crush it until they get the message.If your car can be seized for non payment of road tax i dont see wh it cant be for parking like a dick
kelsilou likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 09:11   #13

I am not racist I have a close family member who has an asian partner and I have asian friends too SOME of them are ok it is the idiots who think they are above the law that don't deserve to be treated fairly by anybody Less. That is all I was pointing out anybody be it Black White Purple Pink Brown or Orange who rises above the law and causes misery to others should be brought to justice that is my point nothing to do with the colour or creed of a person it is just that area is rife with trouble and people who do as they wish regardless of it being legal or illegal.
I also have family members in Ireland both North and South myself and some of them moved over here too so against any religion colour or race I am definately not everybody deserves a chance it is up to them to prove themselves :-)
BERNADETTE likes this.
Old 29-11-2012, 22:13   #14
God Member

can we also see police doing something about morons who insist on using fog lights when its not foggy or worse still side lights and fog lights

they are not running lights they are totally different to running lights and it is dangerous to oncoming traffic

just because your car comes with fog lights it dosnt mean they have to be on all the time.This is why they are called fog lights they are to be used in fog

infact can we see police enforcing traffic law in general its getting so bad with idiots in unroadworthy cars,jumping red lights,driving with fogs on and failing to indicate that the roads of the UK are begining to make India look a safer place to take a spin in your car

driving with your fog lights on dosnt make your car look sporty it makes you look a prick..

(and breathe 1,2,3 aaaand relax )

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 29-11-2012 at 22:15.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 22:29   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
infact can we see police enforcing traffic law in general its getting so bad with idiots in unroadworthy cars,jumping red lights,driving with fogs on and failing to indicate that the roads of the UK are begining to make India look a safer place to take a spin in your car
Russia appears to be the place you dont want to drive in, I saw this on Roys facebook

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..