Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 10:15   #91

Re: Bookworms: What are you reading at the moment?

Thanks Jay, Ive got that and have made myself a member already but I cant find the writer that pashley mentioned. I will have to put it on my wish list.
Thank you again Jay.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:45   #92

I can recommend a great site for anyone interested in books - Read It Swap It | The UK's Free Book Swap Shop! | The Library I use it all the time and its very addictive!
MissTechnophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 17:46   #93
God Member

Organic kitchen and garden is keeping me entertained at the moment..(sad i know)
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 19:00   #94
God Member

The Conflict Between Church and State: 1050-1300, by Brian Tierney. A good rollicking read, full of repressed sexuality, violence, general mayhem, etc. There are no pictures to color, but you can doodle on the few blank pages left for notes.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 19:07   #95
Junior Member+

iam reading harry potter collection again for the 100th time lol sad i know at 33 but i have the uk adult versions uk childrens versions the usa and uk audio books. god i need a life lol
Old 09-09-2008, 20:31   #96
God Member

i'm reading 'My Booky Wook' by Russell Brand

and you thought I was crazy
Old 09-09-2008, 20:50   #97

Just started a book before I made the tea, the one I mentioned earlier by Dean Koontz - The Darkest Evening of the Year. First four chapters seem ok, will crack into it tomorrow.
Old 09-09-2008, 21:29   #98
Passed away 25-11-09

I've just finished "George Formby, a Troubled Genius" by David Bret, an interesting biography of one of my all-time heroes.

I have to have something to read in bed and last night I hadn't taken up another book so I read a small travel guide of Malta. Tonight, it will either be "The Groucho Letters" or one of my Discworld books. Which ever I choose it'll be the 4th or 5th re-read.
Old 09-09-2008, 21:35   #99
Give, give, give member

Found a book today, that I've wanted to read for ages, ever since I read the review of it last year.

'Notes from an Exhibition' by Patrick Gale.

I've read everything else he's had published, and now thanks to Age Concern in Ossy, I've got a treat to read on the beach, and all for sixty pence.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 21:36   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Found a book today, that I've wanted to read for ages, ever since I read the review of it last year.

'Notes from an Exhibition' by Patrick Gale.

I've read everything else he's had published, and now thanks to Age Concern in Ossy, I've got a treat to read on the beach, and all for sixty pence.
I saw this in a Charity Shop the other day (not the same one) and was wondering whether to buy it or not - wish I had now!
Old 09-09-2008, 23:01   #101
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTechnophobe View Post
I saw this in a Charity Shop the other day (not the same one) and was wondering whether to buy it or not - wish I had now!
I struck lucky today, as I also bought The Road to Nab End by William Woodruff, about growing up in poverty in Blackburn, in the 1920's.

£1.20 well spent, and both books look like new.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 23:21   #102
God Member

have a couple going at present , 'the Rise of American Democracy (Jefferson to Lincoln)' , Sean Wilentz. and on the nightstand ' Untold Stories' by Alan Bennett.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 23:24   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
have a couple going at present , 'the Rise of American Democracy (Jefferson to Lincoln)' , Sean Wilentz.
Just looked that up on Amazon, will order it when the student loan comes through
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06   #104
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Just started a book before I made the tea, the one I mentioned earlier by Dean Koontz - The Darkest Evening of the Year. First four chapters seem ok, will crack into it tomorrow.
Just read the first chapter of that myself BB, but DK never disopionts me and I've read every book he's ever written
Old 10-09-2008, 13:22   #105

I'm halfway through Hush Hush by Linda Kavanagh - a sort of grown up chick lit without all the soppy mush and unbelivable characters.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..