Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2006, 17:14   #31

Re: Born in Accy?

I was born at Rough Lee in 1974
Old 30-09-2006, 00:00   #32
Caz
God Member

Born at roughlee, 1953, as were 2 of my kids, 1972 qnd 1973. Was living in Blackburn for next two so Queens Park. The final pair, who came out together, lol - twins, were Queens Park 1989, even though i lived in Accy.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 10:14   #33
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I was born in Bramley Meade in Whalley in 1965, or was it 1865?
I'm another Bramley Meade baby.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2006, 23:03   #34
Junior Member+

I was born at home in Huncoat in 1956.
It was a dark day for me, a giant leap for :engsmil:
LenWeekes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 21:48   #35

I was born in Dec 1957. I was brought up in Church until I was nine when we moved up the slope into Accy. Havng spotted this thread I decided to ask my Mum at the weekend why I was born at Bull Hill in Darwen. She told me it was because she didn't go and see the doctor (Pittard) until she was 4 months pregnant and was told that Rough Lee was full and the nearest Bull Hill was the nearest place! She said "in those days you didn't bother the doctor unless you really had to".
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 21:27   #36
Junior Member+

But do you introduce yourself as being from accy? are you proud you live there? I was born in Oldham and am not proud of that!
Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 14:36   #37

I say I'm from Accy to anybody not from Lancashire and from Church to anybody
else. I don't live there now but I'm proud of the town and all its history.
Old 11-10-2006, 15:06   #38
Junior Member+

That's really interesting...how come you moved away?
Old 11-10-2006, 15:46   #39
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I'm another Bramley Meade baby born in 1968.... There are still a fair few babies born in Accy and the number is increasing every year. Home births are making a comeback and becoming more popular.

If the government get their way most women with a normal pregnancy will be encouraged to deliver at home. An ambitious plan by the government and supposed to be in place by 2009......It's just a shame that the govt haven't thought to actually staff the plan as it is totally unfeasable with the current number of midwives in this country, there just aren't enough.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 14:03   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin
That's really interesting...how come you moved away?
I moved away to get work - same old story
Old 12-10-2006, 19:48   #41
Junior Member+

So would you say that Accrington needs a new influct of business? It seems to have a basic skills base, but nothing to keep the people there, and at a glance outsiders will miss the unique gems of accy. How do you think somthing like a start-up centre for new businesses would go down? What would make you move back Bradshaw boy?
Old 12-10-2006, 21:16   #42
Senior Member+

I'm another Bramley Meade baby

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 09:37   #43

I was Born in 1943 at 5 Belfield Rd. Accrington. Lived there until 1967 when I moved to Switzerland. Been there ever since.

Cheers

Philip Kenyon
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..