Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2009, 14:21   #1

bullmastiff.

hi , i was just wonderin if anyone on here that lives in accy has a bullmastiff dog , male , i have a bitch and she is due to come in season in feb . if so are you willin to mate , pm me , thanks ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2009, 14:33   #2
God Member

Re: bullmastiff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
if so are you willin to mate , pm me , thanks ,

Should this be moved to the over 18`s.......................??
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 16:08   #3
Resting in Peace

I know quite a few bitches that want ?????????? none of which use Accy Web may I add, well I don't think so
Old 14-01-2009, 16:21   #4

Have you thought about asking the breeder of your girl if he/she nows of any suitable stud dogs,im sure any reputable breeder will help you so long as your girl has had all relevent health tests etc and is suitable to be bred from.
The decision to breed a litter should not be undertaken lightly & needs careful thought about all the responsibilities involved.
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 16:51   #5
Senior Member+

Try contacting the kennel club, they should be able to advise you of any local stud dogs in youre area
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 18:07   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Hey Cat how much do ya sell em for?
Old 14-01-2009, 21:42   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

I've still got the scars on my arm from when a bull mastiff bit me, a confirmed dog-lover, in 1994. All I did was knock on its door and speak to its master's son and it tried to kill me. They are beautiful dogs (see, I still don't hold it against the breed) but please take care over the temperament of any potential mate for your bitch. With those powerful jaws if my biter had got a small child, instead of me, it could well have been a fatality.
Old 14-01-2009, 22:09   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Hey Cat how much do ya sell em for?
if i can breed her , i was thinkin of 50-100, cuz i won,t have papers , if you look at my photo,s on facebook shes on there ,
Old 14-01-2009, 22:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I've still got the scars on my arm from when a bull mastiff bit me, a confirmed dog-lover, in 1994. All I did was knock on its door and speak to its master's son and it tried to kill me. They are beautiful dogs (see, I still don't hold it against the breed) but please take care over the temperament of any potential mate for your bitch. With those powerful jaws if my biter had got a small child, instead of me, it could well have been a fatality.
my dog is so sofed , everyone who see her wants her cuz of her temperment , i have kids form teens to the youngest who is 7 now , she was 5 when i got the dog , so i would like a male for breedin with a great temperment , just like ruby ,
Old 14-01-2009, 22:46   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I've still got the scars on my arm from when a bull mastiff bit me, a confirmed dog-lover, in 1994. All I did was knock on its door and speak to its master's son and it tried to kill me.
Strange you should say that today as I was taking about bull mastiffs this morning.

As a child I lived opposite a pair, a mother and son.

They got out one day and ripped a border collie pup to bits as its owner and her young daughter walked it.

They then turned on my young sister, she was about 8. She stood still and told it to go away. She was lucky. Her friend was not. He ran. One of the dogs chased he and dragged him to the ground. It mawled he so badly the muscle it his upper arm was hanging out of his arm. It took months until he could even lift his arm a small amount.

While this was going one the bull mastif owners father, who lived with them, came out to deal with them. They ignored him and carried on attacking the boy. He was hitting the dog with a plank on wood.

Another neighbour had been fixing the guttering on his house, he was hitting the dog on the head with a claw hammer. Amazingly it was just bouncing off.

My dad had gone outside to rescue my sister, he was hitting the dog with a toy trailer from a kiddie peddle tractor, agin with no effect.

Eventually the dogs owner came outside and called the dogs. They responded instantly and went to him. He took them to the vets and they were destroyed the same day.

These animals were well looked after, well trained (they answered their owners voice instantly), very friendly and in good health.

Thinking back almost 30 years to that reminds me that dogs are animals, unpredictable animals that can turn on a child or adult at anytime.

The dangerous dogs act is almost unworkable and picks only certain breeds. Maybe all dongs over a certain weight should be banned.

I don't know the answer but I do know that watching a 10 stone plus dog ripping an 8 year old boy to bits is not a pleasant child hood memory.
Old 14-01-2009, 22:53   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Strange you should say that today as I was taking about bull mastiffs this morning.

As a child I lived opposite a pair, a mother and son.

They got out one day and ripped a border collie pup to bits as its owner and her young daughter walked it.

They then turned on my young sister, she was about 8. She stood still and told it to go away. She was lucky. Her friend was not. He ran. One of the dogs chased he and dragged him to the ground. It mawled he so badly the muscle it his upper arm was hanging out of his arm. It took months until he could even lift his arm a small amount.

While this was going one the bull mastif owners father, who lived with them, came out to deal with them. They ignored him and carried on attacking the boy. He was hitting the dog with a plank on wood.

Another neighbour had been fixing the guttering on his house, he was hitting the dog on the head with a claw hammer. Amazingly it was just bouncing off.

My dad had gone outside to rescue my sister, he was hitting the dog with a toy trailer from a kiddie peddle tractor, agin with no effect.

Eventually the dogs owner came outside and called the dogs. They responded instantly and went to him. He took them to the vets and they were destroyed the same day.

These animals were well looked after, well trained (they answered their owners voice instantly), very friendly and in good health.

Thinking back almost 30 years to that reminds me that dogs are animals, unpredictable animals that can turn on a child or adult at anytime.

The dangerous dogs act is almost unworkable and picks only certain breeds. Maybe all dongs over a certain weight should be banned.

I don't know the answer but I do know that watching a 10 stone plus dog ripping an 8 year old boy to bits is not a pleasant child hood memory.
god that well bad , i have a ****shu also , both the dogs get on great , i think its not the dogs it the owners , if you can handle abig dog then you shouldn,t have one ,
Old 14-01-2009, 23:27   #12
I am Banned

I hate to be the one to bring a thread down but...
do you really think it is a good idea to be bringing pups into an already dog overfilled world- especially in a time of recession, when people are turfing their dogs out onto the street because they can't afford them?
I don't understand why people have this need to breed dogs why do you do it ?
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 23:28   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
if i can breed her , i was thinkin of 50-100, cuz i won,t have papers , if you look at my photo,s on facebook shes on there ,
Why would you want to breed her with no papers.there are lots of reputable breeders out there that with the current climate cant sell their puppies.and im not being awful when i say this plz dont take it the wrong way,but a Bullmastiff puppy from good breeding stock sells for £600 +
I always say if i know someone who wants to breed from their bitch if you have a spare £1.200 in the bank and can find lifetime homes for them and are willing to sleep downstairs for first 3wks after whelping then offer to take any puppies back at whatever age.im not talking daft here i know just how much a litter if bred properly costs from antibiotics before the mate to a emergency C Section which alone is £500.plz consider all your options and enjoy your girl for what she is,a lovely family pet
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2009, 23:35   #14
Senior Member+

Many people say that it is the owner who is to blame for the way the dog is treated in it's home environment. They also say that there is no such thing as a bad dog and again blame the owner.

We always have at least one dog and have had a King Charles Spaniel, a Doberman, a Jack Russell and now a Cocker Spaniel. We have them for life.

Knowing that all dogs can be killers, it being in their nature, I've never put any of my dogs in a position where it could cause harm. If owners leave their dogs without supervision and near to children they are inviting trouble. Even mild tempered breeds like my Clio can have their moments.

Funnily enough, the one dog who I trusted the most was Sable, the Doberman.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 09:58   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

A dog is a unpredictable animal that can turn anyplace / anytime.

The DD Act is pathetic, media hyped trash, dogs over a certain weight banned, that would be rubbish.

I have a English Bull Mastiff Bitch, from PUP KC Reg, she is 6 in March and is a very pleasent dog, HOWEVER I dont not trust her as I dont trust any dog, its the owners responsability to keep the dog from situation where it could be come nervious or shocked which could provoke an attack.

I have been bitten twice in my life time, and both times it was from small dogs?

I also have a bull Terrior who is 5 (above applies to him to), I walk them both daily, they are very pleasent dogs HOWEVER, the amount of times OTHER none PAERWORTH writting breeds go to attack my dogs is unreal. and the Little one's are always the worse.

As for the breeding I would agree that to breed a dog it should really be to better the breed not just for profit and with the climate as it is you may be better to wait. (Have you any experiance in breeding?).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..