Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2017, 14:23   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Bus Fares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Probably because we have to spend too much keeping prisoners that deserve less in humane conditions.
Sly dig! My other brother was a policeman and now retired! Work that one out!

It's £4 from Accrington to Clitheroe which is quite expensive considering London bus fares.

Last edited by kestrelx; 15-05-2017 at 14:26.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2017, 14:28   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I can tell you its £2.60 from Accrington center(castle I get on) to hare and hounds in clayton-le-moors. not been to blackburn/burnley on bus for a while tho
That's quite expensive considering the distance you'd be better off getting yourself a peddle bike.
Old 15-05-2017, 16:36   #33
Beacon of light

You'd be alright going to Accrington(well unless you lived down the bottom end)...coming back would be a lot harder...uphill and open to the wind and the weather.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 02:31   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not sure we should be talking about extra special penis treatment on here
im not sure whatto do about it either....

i will leave it in your hands

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 06:45   #35
Beacon of light

I don't suppose it would be suitable as a doorstop. It might frighten the Jehovah's gang away.
accyman likes this.
Old 18-05-2017, 14:52   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You'd be alright going to Accrington(well unless you lived down the bottom end)...coming back would be a lot harder...uphill and open to the wind and the weather.
Yes it's a steep hill up to Accy - but you can get bicycles with engines in them now that help going up hills which is useful.

I hope Corbyn gets in and brings in Nationalised buses. It certainly would make sense to have an over all bus company in the Hynburn/Lancashire area with one pricing system and smart cards.

Last edited by kestrelx; 18-05-2017 at 14:56.
Old 18-05-2017, 15:10   #37
Beacon of light

Yes, but they are something in the region of £1000 new(I haven't seen any second hand ones).....and I wouldn't like to trust myself on one of them...the bus drivers don't give you room to fall off.

As for Corbyn getting in and Nationalising the buses(and lots of other things)...it STILL has to be paid for some way or another...and he would borrow money to do it...or raise money from taxes.
Kestrelx I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

Lots of people seem to have their tickets on their smart phones these days....I suppose that is like having a smart card.
Old 18-05-2017, 15:29   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, but they are something in the region of £1000 new(I haven't seen any second hand ones).....and I wouldn't like to trust myself on one of them...the bus drivers don't give you room to fall off.

As for Corbyn getting in and Nationalising the buses(and lots of other things)...it STILL has to be paid for some way or another...and he would borrow money to do it...or raise money from taxes.
Kestrelx I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

Lots of people seem to have their tickets on their smart phones these days....I suppose that is like having a smart card.
Cheaper than a car though - the motors only kick in when they sense the tension - I don't know if the sensitivity can be adjusted? So you peddle along with your feet and then as you go up a hill the motor kicks in.

If you pay £2:60 from Accy to Clayton - then if you have to catch another bus to get to your destination - that's £5:20 if you are going to work, say in Blackburn - then you have to come back which is £10:40 per day - 5 days a week - that's very expensive, that's over £50! In London that would be £3 a day.

Corbyn might get in with this new Tory Policy to take money off property owners, your property is worth more than £100,000 they take the rest off you if you have to go in a home. That will hit the middle class.

Last edited by kestrelx; 18-05-2017 at 15:34.
Old 18-05-2017, 18:01   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Corbyn has no chance whatsoever of getting in imho Labour have sunk too low sadly. and the stupid Lib Dems never even floated.
Old 18-05-2017, 18:26   #40
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

Corbyn might get in with this new Tory Policy to take money off property owners, your property is worth more than £100,000 they take the rest off you if you have to go in a home. That will hit the middle class.
I still would not hold my breath on that score.
Labour has lost a lot of support. The electorate does not trust them with the economy(I wonder why that is?).
They are not trusted over immigration...and though it is anybody's guess if the Tories can bring immigration figures down to acceptable levels, Jeremy Corbyn would not control immigration in any way...in fact he would welcome immigrants.

He would also accept any deal that the EU offers rather than walk away.
This plays right into the hands of those cheats and charlatans over the channel who would do anything to humiliate the UK.

I would rather eat my own eyeballs with a pickle fork than vote Labour as things stand at the moment.

When recently asked how I would vote...I said 'it boils down to ABC - anyone but Corbyn'
I am pretty sure I am not on my own.
Less and Exile on Spencer St like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..