Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2007, 06:29   #1
I am Banned

Buy Sell Swop

if people dont want to buy a particular item,should they be making comment's in the ads,sometimes an ad can become a farce,you would think people would have better thing's to do with there time,i think it should be added to the rules,if youv'e no interest in an ad keep your nose out
treacletart is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2007, 08:03   #2
God Member

Re: Buy Sell Swop

Personally I don't have problems with people commenting on mine. It keeps it bumped to the top

This thread is of course by somebody who doesn't like their own threads being commented on but is quite happy to post links on other peoples threads to cheaper prices. Total double standards.
Old 17-06-2007, 10:18   #3
God Member

Some of the comments are completely justified if members are looking out for other members as we often do on here..

I would have no problems commenting even if I wasn't interested if I felt the description was vague and needed more info and as Lancsdave said it keeps it bumped to the top

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 11:31   #4
I am Banned

This member bought a perfectly good working laptop for £125,i accepted his bid,thats all that matters,well to him and me it is all that matter's,Then the the busybodies started,its not our fault you lot havnt got anything better to do than interfere in other people's buisness,take a walk or a cold shower next time you want something to do and leave other people alone
Old 17-06-2007, 12:02   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treacletart View Post
This member bought a perfectly good working laptop for £125,i accepted his bid,thats all that matters,well to him and me it is all that matter's,Then the the busybodies started,its not our fault you lot havnt got anything better to do than interfere in other people's buisness,take a walk or a cold shower next time you want something to do and leave other people alone

I got the impression you were asking for a general rule, I didn't realise you were still bleating on about your laptop. I would suggest if you don't like the way the forums are run, it's simple don't post
Old 17-06-2007, 12:06   #6
God Member

On a Thursday a local primary school had a brick thrown through a window and a laptop computer stolen. On a Friday a character called treacletart comes on Accyweb selling a laptop. He/she is, to put it mildly, vague about the specifications and seems to take great offence when asked. Probably just coincidence, but there again I'm just a busybody with nothing better to do.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 12:15   #7
I am Banned

Now theres a thought Yerself wonder if the buyer asked further into it when u put it like that it is suspicious!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 12:21   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
On a Thursday a local primary school had a brick thrown through a window and a laptop computer stolen. On a Friday a character called treacletart comes on Accyweb selling a laptop. He/she is, to put it mildly, vague about the specifications and seems to take great offence when asked. Probably just coincidence, but there again I'm just a busybody with nothing better to do.
And that my friend is typycal of the mentality of a busy body if you cant win one way ok let's call him /her a thief you sad,sad person
Old 17-06-2007, 18:21   #9
God Member

welcome to the Internet, its a place of free speech. As others have said if you don't like it here don't post. As it happens in regard to your other thread, I often get asked by people to keep my eyes open for good deals on laptops etc. If you remember correctly I even pointed you towards a prospective buyer but then you come on having a go at me. I asked a perfectly reasonable Q and you go off on a huff. I'ma big boy, I'll get over it(well I would if it had bothered me at all in the first place). You should however start thinking a bit more about courtesy and politeness if you want me and a lot of others to have any respect for you whatsoever.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 18:25   #10
Beacon of light

The other thread that was posted on a similar topic was closed.....it seems to me that it is treacletart who wants something better to do with his time......after all it is he/she posted this thread.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 20:02   #11
I am Banned

This person got it spot on,there's a lot of lonely,jealous people on accyweb,i dont despise or dislike you,i just pity you and really feel sorry for you poor soul's,PLEASE READ BELOW

Why is it that every thread in this forum seems to turn into a slanging match between the posters? People just seem to want to bleat and whine at each other and look better than the other posters. Nobody is putting forward actual facts in an informative way. Nobody is suggesting legitimate solutions to the topics. Can somebody please tell me why that is?
Old 17-06-2007, 20:20   #12
God Member

Quote:
This person got it spot on,there's a lot of lonely,jealous people on accyweb,i dont despise or dislike you,i just pity you and really feel sorry for you poor soul's,PLEASE READ BELOW

Why is it that every thread in this forum seems to turn into a slanging match between the posters? People just seem to want to bleat and whine at each other and look better than the other posters. Nobody is putting forward actual facts in an informative way. Nobody is suggesting legitimate solutions to the topics. Can somebody please tell me why that is?
Strangely it seems to have done so since you started posting, as for your first comment did you read it before posting you condescending individual???

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 20:32   #13
I am Banned

There are few members on these forums,one of which is you entwisi,who are not happy unless there upsetting people and trying to force there will on other member's,people like you are turning accyweb into the PITS and the word is spreading,the biggest enigma of all is that the admin let you lot do it and get away with it,what's the point of having mods this site is being run by the accy mafia
Old 17-06-2007, 20:32   #14
I am Banned

Quote:

OO i dont know so as you seem to know please tell us
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2007, 20:35   #15
Beacon of light

accy Mafia......I think this was mentioned in the past, by people who just didn't like what other members had posted. I have never seen any horse heads in any beds...have any of you?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..