Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 23:41   #1
Junior Member+

C.a.t.c.h

Hi guys and gals. As a proud Accringtonian I'm starting a campaign to pressure for improvement in our Town Centre. We are a week old but gathering momentum at a fast pace. We have, twitter and Facebook pages and today I have launched a website. Catch Front Page content will be added shortly. I would appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to peruse our pages to find out a little bit more about what we are trying to achieve. LET articles (today) and an Observer article next week are generating a buzz around the Town and I hope that more of you will Join us in lobbying,engaging and helping to raise standards and aspirations in the town. Thanks.
davemac likes this.
accyreferee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2013, 16:23   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

C.a.t.c.h

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyreferee View Post
Hi guys and gals. As a proud Accringtonian I'm starting a campaign to pressure for improvement in our Town Centre. We are a week old but gathering momentum at a fast pace. We have, twitter and Facebook pages and today I have launched a website. Catch Front Page content will be added shortly. I would appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to peruse our pages to find out a little bit more about what we are trying to achieve. LET articles (today) and an Observer article next week are generating a buzz around the Town and I hope that more of you will Join us in lobbying,engaging and helping to raise standards and aspirations in the town. Thanks.
O.K. So you wish to improve our town, please excuse our lack of response, perhaps it's down to suspicion, we have heard similar before.
What seems strange is your short history but extensive publicity.
If you really are the person you claim to be, why only one post?
It seems as if you have been invented, in hopes that a cascade of followers will welcome you.
Not happened so far has it?
If however, you aren't part of some Council publicity stunt, please PM me, many on AccyWeb and within the community would welcome a chinwag.
jaysay, maxthecollie and susie123 like this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2013, 17:02   #3

C.a.t.c.h

Even if you are part of a Council driven stunt, we, the public wouldn't mind a chinwag so long as you don't attempt to talk down to us.

Last edited by Less; 24-07-2013 at 17:04.
Old 24-07-2013, 18:42   #4

Re: C.a.t.c.h

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...revive-5145080

I really do like the idea, just find it strange how a mere mortal could manage the publicity???
Old 24-07-2013, 20:42   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Campaigner gains support for bid to revive town centre - Accrington Observer

I really do like the idea, just find it strange how a mere mortal could manage the publicity???
Some of the biggest problems are shops like Wilkinsons, they now sell under one roof goods which could be bought in 1/2 dozen shops before it was built. Tesco's, folk can now park next to the store, walk a few yards for a trolley, get in the lift, and every thing they need is there. I recently bought an inflatable cushion on line, 12 quid post free, at a local pharmacy for the exact same cushion it was 29.99d, which would you buy. Just look back 50 years there was a Co-op within walking distance where ever you lived in Accy, where is the Co-op now. That bloke is just a publicity hunter, if he's so bothered why doesn't he open a shop in the Arndale, then again how many people want to buy bullshine.

Last edited by Retlaw; 24-07-2013 at 20:44.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:52   #6
Senior Member+

Had anyone heard of this initiative before it became front page news in the Observer?
Old 25-07-2013, 10:15   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Had anyone heard of this initiative before it became front page news in the Observer?
No i have asked a few,
Old 25-07-2013, 11:16   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Yes. He is on Facebook talking about people he has been meeting including Councillors and Officers.
I am sure they will be the first to comment if they haven't actually met him and he says he has.
Old 25-07-2013, 11:18   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Yes. He is on Facebook talking about people he has been meeting including Councillors and Officers.
I am sure they will be the first to comment if they haven't actually met him and he says he has.
Why are they all on facebook?
Old 25-07-2013, 13:50   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems its the in place Cashy well all the councilors are on therethey don't get the same flak as they do on here
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 14:13   #11

C.a.t.c.h

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
seems its the in place Cashy well all the councilors are on therethey don't get the same flak as they do on here
What are you trying to say?
Is politician baiting being kept in one place now?

Oh, whoa, whoa and thrice whoa, the end of AccyWeb as we know it!
Old 25-07-2013, 14:21   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
What are you trying to say?
Is politician baiting being kept in one place now?

Oh, whoa, whoa and thrice whoa, the end of AccyWeb as we know it!
Name the last time Mossy showed his face on here, by that I mean posted, I know he takes a peep most days but says nout these days, maybe if his lot lose control he'll be back using the site as his own personal propaganda machine again
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 14:29   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Probably because it's easy to be in contact with a very large number of people either directly as friends or group members or because you see your friends comment on there comments etc.
Old 25-07-2013, 14:33   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Probably because it's easy to be in contact with a very large number of people either directly as friends or group members or because you see your friends comment on there comments etc.
Suppose thats easy to understand, They can delude themselves wi many friends on yon.
Old 25-07-2013, 14:39   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Suppose thats easy to understand, They can delude themselves wi many friends on yon.
Many do that yes but many peoples facebook friends are not real friends but old acquaintances, work colleagues etc. I only have a few people on my facebook that I have not actually met.
mobertol likes this.

Tags
catch

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..