Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 12:43   #1

car boot sales

is there any about in and about accrington ie every sunday or one offs

please can you tell me price of pitch or area

many thanks
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2007, 14:05   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: car boot sales

There's a Sunday and Thursday flea market thing on the market which is sort of car booty-ish without the cars.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 14:42   #3
Riq

^^^ Not sure about Accrington, only thing there is the one above.

Although I found that the one in Clitheroe is probably the best one to go to. £10 for a pitch and you can even have an indoor pitch in the cattle pens. It's a strange feeling sitting in a cattle pen all day!!
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 15:22   #4
Resident Waffler

We wanted to be indoors last time we went to Clitheroe but they directed us to outside and it rained. We got soaked and so did all our stuff. I couldn't understand it because there were a lot of empty places inside.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 23:14   #5

There are 3, free carboots on the A59, 1 behind the new mc donalds and two a few miles further down in gisburn. I used to stand a stall at the cattle auctions(clitheroe) myself, it did start getting too expensive though, it was £12 for a car, plus £3 per table(hire), add onto that a few brews and a bit of brekkie and you're a few quid down to start with.

One good thing about the above one was you could bagsie as many stalls as you wanted. I'm not sure if can do the same at these free carboots(a59), does anyone know if you can or not?
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:59   #6
God Member

i think there's a car boot on today at blackburn college
Old 10-04-2007, 21:08   #7

Just found out off one of my customers today that the free-to-stand ones on the A59 are opening up again in may. She told me they do this every year to avoid the winter weather.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 21:25   #8
God Member

Ok, I admit it, I've been on this side of the pond for a lot of years. Some things I can figure out, but what the hell is this "car boot" thing? I know that a boot is a trunk (and that a bonnet is a hood), but ??????????
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 21:43   #9
Riq

Like a Garage sale, but you go to a big field and you sell everything out of the back of your car for next to nothing. Hope that helps. Few pics:

http://wheatley-village.org/images_a...oot_sale_3.jpg

http://www.blm.com.my/image/store/act24.jpg

They are great fun, all the preparation of putting stickers on everything is great, me and my ex girlfriend had a few in the summer of 2005 to raise spending money for our first (and only ) holiday together.
Old 10-04-2007, 22:01   #10
God Member

Eric its like a big jumble sale where people make money from the unwanted items they have
Old 10-04-2007, 22:12   #11
God Member

Thanx ... sounds like fun ... we've only got as far as yard sales and garage sales. Mmm, maybe I could sell ..... Thanx for the pix. Hell that does look like fun, maybe I could turn on a few people in Kingston to the idea ... I could fit a hell of a lot of stuff in the trunk of my Caddy.
Old 10-04-2007, 22:13   #12
God Member

Oops ... sorry ... in the boot of my Caddy.
Old 10-04-2007, 22:13   #13
God Member

your junk is other peoples treasure
Old 11-04-2007, 08:11   #14
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

...aye to sell on ebay
Old 11-04-2007, 09:49   #15
God Member

may be so panther but at least at a carboot you get what you want for it and arent giving it away

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..