Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2007, 03:15   #1
Senior Member+

Car spot lights

are they part of normal lights - just to increase visibility or are they full out fog lights?
Old 29-03-2007, 06:21   #2
God Member

Re: Car spot lights

Depends on the lens fitted, they could be driving lamps or fog lamps

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 06:43   #3
God Member

Depends on how high they are off teh road actually.

Up to a certain height they are fog lights, these must be wired such that they can only come be switched on with the headlights and must have a warning light of the switch. They should also only be used when visibility is under 100m (points and fine) but in reality plod do nowt about it as all teh young lads who drive round with them on shows. What makes me laugh is that they are usually 'performance modified' cars and by running extra lights and thumping great hifi amps you rob the engine by as much as 4-5 bhp

Over a certain height they are driving lights and must be wired to only come on with Main Beam. No warning light required as the main beam already has one.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 09:02   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

They do have different lens as well. Fog light have a wider beam pattern where as driving/spot light are designed to light up the road further away from the car. I think there is a max height for spot lights as well.
Old 29-03-2007, 15:58   #5
Senior Member+

mine are pretty low

and effing plod stopped me last night as he thought i had my foggies on

so i flashed on my foggies and he was like no i still think they're foggies so i goes it doesnt say that in the manual for hte car so if u have a gripe phone up toyota and talk to them.

c**t did a full check on my car and everything...
Old 29-03-2007, 16:19   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Where did he pull you up?
Old 29-03-2007, 17:22   #7
God Member

Have a read at this mani. The Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989:http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_1.htm. A perfect cure for insomnia.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 19:18   #8
Senior Member+

just past the police station

drove down manc rd

did a left and where that old folks residence thing/estate is there... he did a quick u turn as i was comin down manc rd tracking me...
Old 29-03-2007, 21:02   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Why were you driving there with main beam on? If they are not fog lights they must be aux driving lights that come on with main beam.
Old 29-03-2007, 22:43   #10
Senior Member+

no

the main fog beam wasnt on. my normal lights and the spot lights built into the bumper were on....
Old 30-03-2007, 08:09   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

When do those lights in the bumper come on? On some cars they are side lights. Does the car have pop up lights?
Old 30-03-2007, 09:02   #12
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

years ago my late hubby got stopped because he had 3 spot lights on front of car, got off with a caution but got told they must be even numbers i.e. 2, 4, 6 etc. Don't know if this still applies.(Just realised you are talking about lights on the rear of vehicle.)
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..