Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 17:05   #1
Caz
God Member

Car sprayers

Can anyone recommend someone for respraying and removing dents from bodywork?

My daughter, who has only had her car a few weeks has had someone scratch and dent her car along 3 panels on the passenger side.

So far she has been quoted 250 by Fraser Eagle and 300 by someone up Willows Lane. Are these prices about average?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2009, 17:13   #2
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Car sprayers

Doesnt a garage on harvey street in ossy do things like this, they are always busy so they must be decent.
Old 08-01-2009, 17:56   #3

Try the one down Whiteash Lane Ossy 2 days after i bought brand new car some kind person covered it with nitromse and i took it there and he fixed it for me for £70 i was real pleased .
Then another idiot backed into me on a car park in accy no insurance so once again took it to same bloke and got that knocked out and resprayed for next to nothing as he had the paint from my last incident so worth a try Good Luck.
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 18:05   #4
Caz
God Member

Thanks Bondi38, they sound well worth investigating.

Really annoyed for her. She only passed her test just before Xmas, and it was her first car, it's only a couple of years old. Now she's saying she'll get the mickey taken out of her at work because they'll think she did it herself, lol.

We think it happened on RBH carpark, so CCTV people are taking a look, see if they can spot anything. Failing that it could have only happened on her street this morning, as she came home from work at 6 am and it wasn't there then.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-01-2009, 18:09   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

try Hyndburn Autos caz, have used em fer 30 yrs, they are just across from the greyhound garage up the unmade road. fer my money, best bodywork place in town.
Old 08-01-2009, 18:09   #6
Resting in Peace

She could always try John Allen Caz ... Devron Mill, Great Harwood.

Used to be at the very bottom of Lower Barnes Street until he had a fire.

Know my ex's father thought he was OK ... used to have the garage behind the Forts Arms ... could also just nip into that garage now .. think John Ashton still has it, and sure he would be able to point you in the right direction.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 18:12   #7
Caz
God Member

Thanks all, will point my daughter in the direction of this thread.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 08-01-2009, 18:18   #8

I personally recommend a place called Gaskell Motorbodies in great harwood. They have done a lot of stuff for me over the years and are truely top notch
Old 08-01-2009, 18:52   #9
Senior Member+

we use autospray they come out to your home/work.

Auto Spray Cosmetic Repairs - Home
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 18:53   #10
God Member

Paintmaster at Blackburn, do work for most car sales places round this area, mobile service, will come to your home or work, did a good job on my car when I bought it

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 19:50   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Doesnt a garage on harvey street in ossy do things like this, they are always busy so they must be decent.
they do and they are really good:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 16:50   #12
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
try Hyndburn Autos caz, have used em fer 30 yrs, they are just across from the greyhound garage up the unmade road. fer my money, best bodywork place in town.
Many thanks for your recommendation of Hyndburn Autos, Cashy.
Daughter has just had her car done, and it looks like new.

Was quoted as much as £600 by various firms.

She paid precisely £180, and is well chuffed!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 05-02-2009, 18:07   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

glad shes sorted caz, cheers.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..