Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2007, 20:46   #16
God Member

Re: cheap place to eat out in accrington?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
My colleague went to the Stop and Rest last night to their 'Curry' night £3.50 .. all you can eat .. she said it was 'excellent' with a Pub Quiz thrown in ... sounds a good mid-week night out to me. Was busy Blazey, so could be noisier than what you want.
Stop and rest the one in oswaldtwistle on fielding lane? (that might be wrong street name )
I like it in there, sounds good aswell. Is that a regular thing or a one-off? and what night would that have been?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-06-2007, 20:55   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Stop and rest the one in oswaldtwistle on fielding lane? (that might be wrong street name )
I like it in there, sounds good aswell. Is that a regular thing or a one-off? and what night would that have been?
Last night was Wednesday, ya' daft bat ...

Think may be regular, will ask her tomorrow, but can always ring and find out I suppose. x Yes, Fielding Lane.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 21:06   #18
God Member

Quote:
Last night was Wednesday, ya' daft bat ...

Think may be regular, will ask her tomorrow, but can always ring and find out I suppose. x Yes, Fielding Lane.
I forget things sometimes, memory problems dread to think what i'll be like when I'm old. Keep meaning to go to the doctors about it but they wont even let me make an appointment at my new doctors, its really strange
Old 28-06-2007, 21:53   #19
Resident Waffler

That's not strange it's normal for doctors in Accy.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 17:38   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Ok .. here we go, does happen every Wednesday (I think .. getting myself confused now) .. , and the only thing I was incorrect about not 'as much as you can eat', but seems you have a choice of curry with rice or chips or half and half... plenty on plate. Friend says really good (and she's fussy) .. if you want a sweet, then £2, but large portion .. might try myself one night.

Last edited by katex; 29-06-2007 at 17:41.
Old 29-06-2007, 17:51   #21
God Member

heard that what used to be old mother redcap at knuzden (yes I know not quite accy) now does a carvery every night £3.95 a head but more at weekends...have heard its really good too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 18:00   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
heard that what used to be old mother redcap at knuzden (yes I know not quite accy) now does a carvery every night £3.95 a head but more at weekends...have heard its really good too
eeew .. a carvery, my favourite meal .. might give that a whirl too .. thanks HR.
Old 29-06-2007, 18:31   #23
God Member

Quote:
.. might try myself one night.
Tell me in advance so i know to avoid it that night!

Thanks for the info, wednesday is the quiz night up there aswell I think?
Old 29-06-2007, 18:35   #24
Resident Waffler

I fancy a quiz night sometime if I can find a night when Busman isn't working.

Old 30-06-2007, 14:45   #25
Senior Member+

Also heard good things about the newly refurbed Redcap; a friend took his missus and 2 kiddies up there last week; 4 meals and 3 sweets plus drinks; less than 25 quid !
Old 01-07-2007, 06:37   #26
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Also heard good things about the newly refurbed Redcap; a friend took his missus and 2 kiddies up there last week; 4 meals and 3 sweets plus drinks; less than 25 quid !
its not brewers fayre anymore is it?
used to go to gamecock, dont ask where, iv no idea...lol, and they where brewsters/brewersfayre, now they gone all posh and no real meals for kids, not even a play area anymore
Old 01-07-2007, 14:45   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
its not brewers fayre anymore is it?
used to go to gamecock, dont ask where, iv no idea...lol, and they where brewsters/brewersfayre, now they gone all posh and no real meals for kids, not even a play area anymore
I've got children but even so I never liked those Brewsters places with play areas so I'm glad to see the back of them.I like my children to know that when you go out for a meal you don't run about,you sit at the table.I can't be doing with kids running round while you're trying to eat.If I want them to be able to run about I take them to a playcentre.The kids menus in those places also irritated me.Why is it for the adults menu it's all very tempting with 'fresh' this and 'organic' that and then you get the kids menu and its always the same,deep fried battery hen (otherwise known as chicken nuggets) that's probably never been anywhere near a chicken,burgers,pizza and chips.If you don't give your kids this warmed-up,mechanically recovered rubbish at home,why would you want them to eat it when you go out? The kids menu should be exactly the same as the adult menu but in smaller portions.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 16:35   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I've got children but even so I never liked those Brewsters places with play areas so I'm glad to see the back of them.I like my children to know that when you go out for a meal you don't run about,you sit at the table.I can't be doing with kids running round while you're trying to eat.If I want them to be able to run about I take them to a playcentre.The kids menus in those places also irritated me.Why is it for the adults menu it's all very tempting with 'fresh' this and 'organic' that and then you get the kids menu and its always the same,deep fried battery hen (otherwise known as chicken nuggets) that's probably never been anywhere near a chicken,burgers,pizza and chips.If you don't give your kids this warmed-up,mechanically recovered rubbish at home,why would you want them to eat it when you go out? The kids menu should be exactly the same as the adult menu but in smaller portions.
I agree, the childrens meals are really cheap rubbish quality. And we went to one with a play area once and it was just absolutely rubbish but still noisy and we got lumbered at a table right next to the entrance for it.

The outdoor play areas arent too bad on a sunny day as they could play as they wait or have a little play afterwards whilst the adults have a drink or something but when theyre more aimed at playing during the meal its just an annoyance.
Old 01-07-2007, 18:19   #29
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I can't be doing with kids running round while you're trying to eat.If I want them to be able to run about I take them to a playcentre.

I totally agree with you. It spoils the enjoyment of a meal out with kids running in and out of the place.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:04   #30
Senior Member+

I will be working at the Stop & Rest on Wednesday Night for the curry night and quiz. Its always a really good night, Rogers cooking is fantastic! and the quiz is great fun.... come along!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..