Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 11:00   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Christmas spendings?

Christmas is nearly upon us...again!!!
what I want to know is how much should ya spend on each child for xmas??
and do you believe in quantity or quality??

I believe in quality, than quantity
Old 09-11-2007, 12:09   #2

Re: Christmas spendings?

I would say that it has to be up to the individual involved. It's dependant on a persons finances and how many children are involved. I dont think that the amount spent is directly relative to how happy or otherwise Christmas will be for child or relative.
At least It shouldn't be.
Old 09-11-2007, 16:35   #3
God Member

i usually spend about £200 on Reece, although this year he hasnt a clue what he wants, ive got him a few bits, already spent £50 on him but it looks like the other £150 i'll be giving him in money
Old 09-11-2007, 19:00   #4
Senior Member+

mine differs every year, i have 3 kids to buy for, usually its between £150-200 each child, i usually go for 1 main present each and thats usually the most expensive, i try to find the bargains like 3 for 2 or spend £100 get a free £10 voucher, every little helps,
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 19:02   #5
God Member

Mine changes every year.

i usually get them a main pressie each, then make up on the little things they have asked for.

Bloody expensive do!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 19:05   #6
Senior Member+

i wish i got everything i asked for as a child lfor xmas ol
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 19:20   #7

I didn't have Christmas as a child so I tend to spoil my son to make up for it. I suppose it depends on your circumstances and point of view as to how much you spend, I know some people who only buy 1 present for their children, some on principle and some because of financial restrictions.
nikkival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 19:42   #8

ive no kids this year but next year i want to spend around 70 pound ish on her
Old 09-11-2007, 20:50   #9
God Member

Really think far to much empahsis is put on how much is spent on pressies these days. Peer pressure has a lot to answer for with kids who haven't got all the latest gear becoming a target for bullying. I am just grateful that my kids have grown up and I don't have that problem to contend with. My daughter does try to spend the same amount on each of her three, they get far to much as do most kids these days IMO.
Old 09-11-2007, 20:55   #10
Passed away 25-11-09

It never occurred to me to spend a fixed amount on presents for my children or my grandchildren. When my children were young they got a couple of presents each from me and their dad and others from grandparents, aunts and uncles etc. The presents from us might be fairly expensive or relatively cheap, depending on what they had shown an interest in. We never felt we had to make up to a certain amount with other things, though we always spent a similar amount on all of them, and they were always happy with what they got.
Old 09-11-2007, 21:45   #11
Accy Goddess

I suppose the easy answer to the question is you should spend what you can afford to, but I know a lot of people don't.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:39   #12
Yank in King Art's Court!

I guess we spend/spent around 100 quid per child. Cindy usually keeps some of the expenses a bit secretive from me so it could be more. They both get quite a bit from the Grandparents (that's Cindy's parents). My parents think that $20 each is a big splurge!

We really try to emphasize various fun traditions rather then lots of "stuff" being the focal point. We play alot of board games, watch family movies, the lady's prepare the foodstuffs and the guys gather wood or go off exploring. It's neat that the simple things can bring alot of peace and serenity. Much more than getting it from a box. (IMO)

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 17:59   #13
Senior Member+

I dont think there is any need to spend hundreds in kids, my son is 2 and he got about 10 presents already for xmas, thats not including the clothing i got him, altogether i have spend about £50 , and he has loads, at that age they only interested on wrapping paper, still i will never spend a fortune on a kid, i never had much as a kid and i was happy so im sure they can be happy as well.
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 18:01   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE View Post
I suppose the easy answer to the question is you should spend what you can afford to, but I know a lot of people don't.

well said, think about what u can afford , thats without using the credit card, think about the stress u going to have when u have to repay everthing, thank god i hate credit cards
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2007, 21:19   #15

Ive not got children,but for them who has it must be hard for you at xmass.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..