Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2006, 17:34   #1
Senior Member+

Church Commercial

Okay,the powers that be have whittled it down to the final three,but what are we going to get to replace the eyesore of an area that currently exists?I personally think it's been too long in coming,the smartening up of what must be probarbly Accys most travelled through area.More to the point,will it be something to the benefit to the people of Church?Will they get a say in the matter?I heard no one was consulted about that monsterous Express Gifts building.I'm in favour of a bit of landscaping at the post office,as for the rest i really dont know,so long as it looks okay & is something everyone can benefit from.Maybe someone has some ideas?:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
Old 18-10-2006, 17:45   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Church Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver
Okay,the powers that be have whittled it down to the final three,
I do find things to do with improving Church and the surrounding area interesting, so could you please let us know, what three the powers that be have whittled it down to? Or have I missed a thread?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 18:15   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
I do find things to do with improving Church and the surrounding area interesting, so could you please let us know, what three the powers that be have whittled it down to? Or have I missed a thread?
Ihave no idea what the final three suggestions for improvements are.It was quoted by someone in an official capcity in the Observer a couple of weeks back,whilst giving away nothing to Mr & Mrs Tax payer.Thats what i'm saying , do Church residents get a say or is it a case of "they'll put up with it,it's better than what they've already got":engsmil:
Old 18-10-2006, 18:39   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Why not phone one of your local Councillors and ask them? I have added link to their contact details below for you. Phone them now and then you can post the answer for us all.

Councillor Mrs Jean Battle

Councillor Mr John Broadley
Old 18-10-2006, 21:26   #5
God Member

Why not ask at planning, there must be some plans being banded about?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 22:27   #6
Resident Waffler

I hope it's somethng which incorporates the canal and makes a feature of it as an assett. Somehow I doubt it though.

Last edited by WillowTheWhisp; 19-10-2006 at 08:01.
WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2006, 22:40   #7
Senior Member+

Maybe a bomb then start again.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2006, 20:23   #8
Resting in peace

Ask Peter Britcliffe he is the man behind this developement, just remember, nothing can be done within 500meters of a toxic plant, EEC health and safety rules.
So this saga will go on and on and get nowhere.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..