Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2007, 21:43   #1
God Member

Civic Celebration Day

I keep hearing mention on 2BR of some sort of event in the town centre this Saturday of some sort of civic celebration day. Apparently it centres round the mayor making ceremony but there is mention of a procession, street clowns, cheerleaders, childrens entertainers etc.

2BR seem to think that it's so big they are broadcasting from outside the Town Hall yet I have seen no mention of it on here and there appears to be nothing on the council website.

Anyone heard about it ?
Old 28-06-2007, 21:48   #2
God Member

Re: Civic Celebration Day

Yes I knew about it.It's when Councillor Tony Dobson and his wife will officially be made Mayor and Mayoress.I think they have a ceremony in the Town Hall and procession afterwards and,as you say,lots of things going on in the town centre.I haven't seen this week's Observer yet,it must be mentioned in there surely.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 21:56   #3
God Member

I read the observer this aft and didnt see a mention.. will read again.. another well advertised event eh.. and they wonder why no one goes
Old 28-06-2007, 22:06   #4
God Member

The Pot Fair is advertised on the council website, have the traders turned up ?
Old 29-06-2007, 08:56   #5
God Member

The only celebration i know about this weekend is Stanley opening up the Crown on Sunday - much more important than any mayoral thingy
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 09:03   #6
God Member

I've got my Observer now and there is a little mention of the Mayor making parade on page 32 in the 'what's on' section.You could easily miss it though so you're right,the publicity for it is pitiful.I would have thought they'd have made more of it.Who can complain if it's poorly attended?
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..