Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2012, 17:57   #1

Clayton-le-moors

Anybody know whats been going on went past what used to be the TSB bank this morning and it was all taped off with police tape and policeman stood outside
esteemedjuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2012, 19:14   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Clayton-le-moors

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemedjuju View Post
Anybody know whats been going on went past what used to be the TSB bank this morning and it was all taped off with police tape and policeman stood outside
Oh dear, hope nothing serious.

There is a flat over that building ... been in it years ago, when a colleague of mine lived there.

Have noticed a youngish lady, emerging from a sports car opening the door with a key.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 16:49   #3
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Man stabbed outside Clayton-le-Moors pub

Alex Bell

March 20, 2012

Share Article | Printable VersionPrevious | Next

A man was stabbed in the chest in the early hours of Monday morning in Clayton-le-Moors.

Detectives believe the 25-year-old local male was stabbed once by a female outside the Volunteer Arms at around 12.30am.

He was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital, received treatment and has since been discharged.

Police are now appealing for anyone who saw the incident to come forward.

DI Jill Johston, of Accrington CID, said: "No arrests have been made at the moment, however there are positive lines of enquiry on a female suspect who we are tracing.

"If anyone has seen an argument in the street we would like them to contact us on 01254
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 16:57   #4
Resting in Peace

Thanks, Mitzy.

Blimey, that must have been some hell of an argument.
Looks like the guy got off lightly.

What was she doing with a knife anyway ?

Still we don't know all the details, do we.
Old 21-03-2012, 18:28   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

What was she doing with a knife anyway ?
Well it was Clayton.
Old 21-03-2012, 19:36   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well it was Clayton.
I don't go carrying around knifes in me handbag.

Searches through ... ah, Fishermen's Friends ... they will blow someone's brains out ...LOL.

Sorry, not a laughing matter. Distressing for both parties I reckon.
Old 29-03-2012, 17:51   #7
Senior Member+

I have started to call it Clayton-Le-Morgues
Old 01-04-2012, 12:41   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I have started to call it Clayton-Le-Morgues
That sort of comment is usefull isnt it, idiot.

No sympathy for the victim !
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 13:24   #9
Senior Member+

Im starting to remember why I don't spend much time on this site. Some of the users who are nice-- I will make an example "susie123" and users like yourself that always seem to be on the offensive at somebody(generalizing)

My comment was in reply to cashman and not on the overall subject. You canat least quote us both if you are going to call me an idiot, as you must be calling us both idiots.

I guess I should have thought of the possibility that the victims relatives may be reading on the site but when I know more about it I will then decide how much sympathy I have for him. The guy was discharged, So I guess he's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
That sort of comment is usefull isnt it, idiot.

No sympathy for the victim !
Old 01-04-2012, 14:44   #10
Senior Member+

of course im sorry if I offended anyone
Old 01-04-2012, 15:40   #11
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Im starting to remember why I don't spend much time on this site. Some of the users who are nice-- I will make an example "susie123"
Bless you for that Rob - some people on here think I'm a grumpy old cow who never stops grumbling. But then they don't know about the cats...
Old 01-04-2012, 16:55   #12
Senior Member+

[quote=Restless;981716]Im starting to remember why I don't spend much time on this site. Some of the users who are nice-- I will make an example "susie123" and users like yourself that always seem to be on the offensive at somebody(generalizing)

My comment was in reply to cashman and not on the overall subject. You canat least quote us both if you are going to call me an idiot, as you must be calling us both idiots.

you never quoted anyone in your reply, so I don't think it was a specific quote that you were replying too, and it is for me to say who I was calling an idiot, and I have already done that.

You yourself are generalising by saying I am always on the offensive, offensive is refering to clayton as a morgue, without thought, end of discussion.
Old 01-04-2012, 17:47   #13
Senior Member+

I know I should of quoted cashman. But I hadn't that time.....

Nah by writing generalising I meant that often in the past on this board I have had this kind of result from people... it was to make sure you knew I wasn't particularly saying you was like that.

I walk to Clayton 5 days a week, I work there and its more a work-joke than anything.
Old 01-04-2012, 19:11   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know I should of quoted cashman. But I hadn't that time.....

Nah by writing generalising I meant that often in the past on this board I have had this kind of result from people... it was to make sure you knew I wasn't particularly saying you was like that.

I walk to Clayton 5 days a week, I work there and its more a work-joke than anything.
Let call it a misunderstanding, and kiss and make up, I may have over re-acted to a joke I didnt get.
Old 01-04-2012, 19:26   #15
Senior Member+

K++ Added

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..