Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2012, 20:46   #1

Cleaner needed urgently, Preston (tomorrow Thurs at latest)

If you've been following my posts at all you will know I am in the midst of moving out of my house, and just as I was beginning to clear out and prepare I had a flood, caused by my lodger. I had a PLETHORA of problems with people letting me down including boiler repair men, electricians, 'friends' who said they could help, etc etc.
My van got broken into in the middle of it as well which didn't help one bit.ANYWAY rant over but nail in the coffin,I had hired a professional cleaner to do my house tomorrow. I have to be out by Fri morning.
Cleaner is needed because the buyer wants to rent the house out almost immidiately, and because I admit-I am a messy git and have done nothing much but party for the last few years and I am not very good at housework.
Long shot, I know-can anybody recommend me a cleaner or cleaning company, or knows of anybody who is good at cleaning and looking for some work?
I am in Preston not Accrington.

Thanks in advance (awaits bunch of jibes about filthy living/how clean is your house/strippers being scruffy/etc etc etc)
Old 25-09-2012, 21:14   #2

Re: Cleaner needed urgently, Preston (tomorrow Thurs at latest)

A friend of mine used to use Molly Maid, but I think that they are expensive. Nationwide company though and good rep. I think they do quotes.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 22:11   #3
God Member

You haven't time to arrange a deep clean for Thursday.
Whoever you contact they are likely to want to view before quoting a price.

If you have scheduled the house sale completion for Friday you need to contact your solicitor to delay the date.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 22:31   #4

The solicitor was my first priority, he has been advised, I am in breach of contract but I've got confirmation in writing of the cleaner being booked so I hope that will serve as okay. As it is, the cleaner had to be delayed as the buyer had problems and had to delay the exchange, so he may give me some leeway due to that.

As I said, I know it's a long shot but I'm putting the feelers out, it's not impossible.

The cleaner I had hired, I emailed for confirmation and to give some details, earlier today. She replied at 8pm saying she had hurt her back and was signed off work now.
I've contacted a few cleaners I know of via facebook and left messages and emails, and have somebody telephoning me for details in the morning.
One thing that has made me angry is, I know she usually does not work late-so why she could not contact me earlier than 8pm, suppose she has other priorities.

Thank you, I have heard of MollyMaid-I will have a decko-at the moment I would pay whatever to get this whole thing over and done with it has been a nightmare!I think my house is cursed lol xx
Old 26-09-2012, 06:51   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
I think my house is cursed lol xx
Yes it sounds like it, but perhaps the curse will be removed on Friday?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 08:51   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes it sounds like it, but perhaps the curse will be removed on Friday?
Lol I am a harbinger of doom!
I've sorted it. Thanks for help If anything else goes wrong you will find me in a nuthouse rocking to myself in a corner....
Old 26-09-2012, 13:06   #7
Resting in Peace

Funny comment as I am reading "A History of Broadmoor"at the moment
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2012, 15:00   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Was the book written about recent times? I.E. since a certain person was a member here?
Old 26-09-2012, 23:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Was the book written about recent times? I.E. since a certain person was a member here?
Lol honestly!It's as if nothing else could go wrong with this house move!I feel like I'm possessed!
I am very happy that the worst seems to be over. I have somebody coming tomorrow afternoon to do the rest.

That sounds like a fascinating book though!
Old 27-09-2012, 08:08   #10
I am Banned

have you tried sandersons the cleaners from rishton,its owned by roy sanderson,i dont know if they are still in business but it might be worth checking ok
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 21:40   #11

Thank you for reply, I managed to get it done in time though by skin of my teeth lol!
Thread can be closed now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..