Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 09:44   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Coeliacs disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
they gave me omeprazole a few years ago for my constant bloating and tummy cramps, they worked

Margaret, you say you get acid from onions, i made some leek and potato soup this morning...it was intended to be eaten for dinner tonight, i had a spoonful to see if it tasted ok and almost immediately the acid started, i had to throw it all away, i had 2 tiny pieces of warburtons bread at my friends yesterday, within minutes of eating it i was doubled over in agony

i'm just going to have to avoid foods that start it off, i write them down each time it happens

this living thing is rather complicated isn't it
Shaz its the easiest thing in the world to rule out coeliac disease, a blood test, I know Joan was in complete agony before she was diagnosed 21 years ago, she lost 4 stone in weight. since she was diagnosed she is as fit as a fiddle, in fact she says she's never felt better, but she does stick to the diet religiously, and even I am conscious of cross contamination, I don't use the same butter or toaster for instance, always wipe worktops down after food prep etc
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31   #17
God Member

i think i would have been in much more pain if it was coeliacs John, from what i've read about it, i'm just going to avoid the things that trigger the acid and see how it goes, thankyou very much for all your input John, it's good to know that accywebbers look out for each other

thanx to everyone else too, we always know where we can come when we are unsure about anything
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:18   #18
Beacon of light

One of my work colleagues was diagnosed with Ceoliac disease after many years of feeling under par......she was tired, had gained a lot of weight despite not having changed her eating habits.......she thought she might have diabetes, or hypothyroidism, was checked out for these things and was given the all clear. the blood test for Coeliac was not conclusive either.....in the end she had a jejunal biopsy and this confirmed the daignosis.
Since being diagnosed she has lost the weight she put on and has regained her zest for life.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 18:13   #19
Resting in Peace

Just had a full check up and It turned out that the only thing I didn't have was Hypochondria.

joking apart I had trouble with my stomach for years.In the end It was put down to very strong pain killers.Stopped taking them.

Been not to bad as late just put up with the pain more.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 18:36   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i think i would have been in much more pain if it was coeliacs John, from what i've read about it, i'm just going to avoid the things that trigger the acid and see how it goes, thankyou very much for all your input John, it's good to know that accywebbers look out for each other

thanx to everyone else too, we always know where we can come when we are unsure about anything
The thing is Shaz coeliac disease affects different people in different ways, and to different extents, Joan gets the dermatitis (as well as other symptoms), if she's been contaminated, I know that's a strong term but its true, there are people that get excruciating stomach pains, I hear about new cases all the time because its Joan's department her telephone number is the Manchester contact number for the newly diagnosed
Old 16-11-2011, 11:31   #21
Senior Member+

Flashy, have a look at Coeliac UK. You may find some help there.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..